Upgrade through Amazon, etc. and still keep employee discount?

Vmax

Reaction score
I'm itching to get one of the droid phone. I'm eligible to upgrade, and like most of you, notice that the phones are much cheaper through amazon / wirefly / letstalk type places. I've searched on the forum, and have read that most have had good experiences, as long as you don't change your plan for 181 days.

However, I haven't found an answer to this question: Can you keep your employee discount (on both plans and data) if you upgrade through these sites? I'm specifically thinking about going through Amazon, because they allow me to keep my old plan.

Aerysana

Reaction score
Yes you can just did it with no problems

Swyped from my Droid Incredible

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Yeah, the discount is on the plan, which is through verizon, your just getting a phone from a 3rd party, that shouldnt affect your plan in any way.

OP
V

Vmax

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I really don't see a downside to upgrading through Amazon.

Now I just have to choose a phone!

Wirefly

Reaction score
I'm itching to get one of the droid phone. I'm eligible to upgrade, and like most of you, notice that the phones are much cheaper through amazon / wirefly / letstalk type places. I've searched on the forum, and have read that most have had good experiences, as long as you don't change your plan for 181 days.

However, I haven't found an answer to this question: Can you keep your employee discount (on both plans and data) if you upgrade through these sites? I'm specifically thinking about going through Amazon, because they allow me to keep my old plan.

I can only speak for us here at Wirefly, but yes you can order your phone through us and still keep the current discount you have on your plan.

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
I just got my DX thru amazon. Couldn't pass up the $49 deal. So far I think all is good but I plan on contacting vzw in a few days just to make sure all is good with my account.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

SquintyOS

Reaction score
Droid Shopping? Wow what does this phone look like? Does it come with its own grocery store? =D

Just kidding. Yeah. You should be able to keep your discount. I kept mine when I bought something awhile back so I see why not. If you can't then that just plain fails on there fault for being faulty.