Upgrade or wait?

Dcmagic

Reaction score
So right now i have the droid charge and im semi impressed with this, however there as some isses (thats for a different thread)

Anyway, I have an upgrade coming here in the next couple months and was looking at getting the Galaxy s3...

I have not been up to date with the whole phone game, so someone please tell me, Is the s3 the way to go, or is there even something better that will be coming out in the near future that I should hold off for? Like is there anything in the mix right now thats pending a release?

Thanks for the heads up everyone, Im just back to this site and got lotttts of reading to catch up on.

Cheers!

t35rk

Reaction score
If you currently have an unlimited data plan and wish to keep it, the only way to do so is to purchase a new device at full retail, or by used. That said the GS3 is a well rounded and awesome device. The only device I would trade mine for is the bigger Note 2.

OP
D

Dcmagic

Reaction score
If you currently have an unlimited data plan and wish to keep it, the only way to do so is to purchase a new device at full retail, or by used. That said the GS3 is a well rounded and awesome device. The only device I would trade mine for is the bigger Note 2.

yeah the data plan is something that im going to have to put some thought into. I was just curious if there are any other phones in the making right now that are going to be released soon that are going to be making the GS3 obsolete anytime soon. - like I said, I have not been keeping up with phones for a while now.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
As of right now it is just S3 and the Note2... HOWEVER... There is no telling what can happen or change in the next couple months..... CES is in Jan. and although Samsung has all but said they aren't planning on any new releases who knows what will be announced....

t35rk

Reaction score
yeah the data plan is something that im going to have to put some thought into. I was just curious if there are any other phones in the making right now that are going to be released soon that are going to be making the GS3 obsolete anytime soon. - like I said, I have not been keeping up with phones for a while now.

Many used there final subsidized purchase on the GS3, as it was released just prior to Verizon canceling unlimited data plans. It's an all around solidly awesome smart phone with good battery performance, great screen and camera, removable storage, and it makes great calls too. It has very few t his to not like about it. Better phones will always come along, but I'll have no problem being happy with it beyond when my next renewal comes up.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
the S3 is loaded with some pretty nice hardware, it won't be obsolete for awhile. It's also getting JB soon from what I've heard.

there's always going to be something better around the corner, but that's where "better" becomes subjective. The DNA just came out not too long ago and the S3 can keep up with it.