verizon upgrade and unlimited data

devinsierra90

Reaction score
ok ive been searching and googling and maybe i just cant think of the correct key words cuz nothings coming up.

if i have my sister take my phone line's upgrade and she upgrades from an iphone 4s to a galaxy s3, then she puts her number back on the iphone, i then put my number on the new galaxy.. will i be able to keep unlimited data on my line because she 'doesnt like the phone', im not upgrading my phone im just changing my number to a phone she didnt like...anyway does this sound plausible?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yes this should be able to be done. As to whether it can be done "on the spot" I'm not sure, but eventually you'll be able to.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yes, it can be done. I did it for a customer about a month ago. You will need a new sim card for the s3 though. Make sure the s3 gets turned on and activated on her line first, before getting a new sim and putting it on your line. There technically is nothing Verizon can do to stop you from doing this, as they are getting a 2yr contract out of it. If you get a cool rep like me, they shouldn't care. Worst case scenario is that you go back the next day and put it on your line.

comk4ver

Reaction score
Yes, it can be done. I did it for a customer about a month ago. You will need a new sim card for the s3 though. Make sure the s3 gets turned on and activated on her line first, before getting a new sim and putting it on your line. There technically is nothing Verizon can do to stop you from doing this, as they are getting a 2yr contract out of it. If you get a cool rep like me, they shouldn't care. Worst case scenario is that you go back the next day and put it on your line.

+1
I have done this too! Nothing to worry about.