upgrade or wait for 4g?

x25064

Reaction score
I am caught in a dilemma, I do not.know whether or not to upgrade to a fascinate or wait out til February for a 4g phone. What would you guys do?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you in or you spend a lot of time in a 4G launch area? If not, it'll be at least another year before you get 4G coverage

tommyb38

Reaction score
Where do you live? 4G may not even be available in your area until 2012. I would definitely upgrade now if 4G won't be lit up in your area for a while.

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
I live in a city which will receive it by January 1st.

gmorgan056

Reaction score
I would definitely wait. From what i've read in reviews, the fascinate isn't that great anyway.

anuraj1

Reaction score
I'm eligible for an upgrade but I am going to hold off until 4G also. Can you imagine buying a 1X only phone right before 3G phones were rolled out? Would have driven me nuts.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Despite my temptations to buy a new phone. I have resisted and held off in anticipation of 4G.

WAIT!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I live in a city which will receive it by January 1st.
Chances are you will be waiting for a decent 4G capable device longer than you will be waiting for 4G Service

Either way I say wait

SocalMike

Reaction score
I would wait 4 the 4g if ur thinking of getting the fascinate just my thought

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

sranger

Reaction score
It will be well over a year before Verizon has any decent phones for 4G......

The crippled facinate is not an option for me...

If you can wait a year, I would. If not, probably get an Moto X or similar Google experiance phone....

I for one am praying for the iPhone on Verizon next year. I am fed up with all of the unresolved bugs ( ACC+ Streaming issue, Infrastructure Wifi Broken, etc...) Froyo brough in the last update....

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
I have heard very different things about the fascinate then what is being reported here. As opposed to the Droid x which is locked down, the fascinate is able to be fully exploited. From what I've read the rooting of the fascinate cures all of its bloatware woes. The gpu is also significantly betterthen that of the Droid x, which is a big deal for me since I like a seamless android experience, rather then choppy.

Believe me I love Motorola but I've stacked the two against each other by sorting through all the forums and comparasions. Fascinate just seems like the better product once rooted.

MrTommy

Reaction score
Jeez, I've finally got my Moto 1 working the way I want. No more crashes and burns, no more forced closes, no more unexplained shut downs (well, almost...). I'm going to hang on until I actually SEE other folks around here using the 4G service when it comes out. I want to see it in action, without the customary hitches that comes with new stuff. Yeah, I know, where's my sense of adventure...? It got lost messing with THIS phone for what seems like ever. Now it works fine so I'm sticking to it until, well, I'm forced out of it.

At least that's what I say NOW. We'll see what happens when I lay hands on a shiny new gorgeous 4G machine. :wink: