Updating Swype in UD 2.0.0

anuraj1

Reaction score
You can uninstall the malfunctioning version of swype by going to settings>applications

What is weird is that now that I have the prepackaged UD version installed, I can't uninstall it to try to install a titanium backup of the new version that i installed on another ROM.

DarrellM5

Reaction score
The FC issue is a deal breaker for me as well. I'm backing up UD 2.0 and restoring 0.8 until the issue is settled.

StingRay

Reaction score
I am able to download the new installer, install swype and it validates just fine.

However, whenever I go to turn it on... Swype instantly FC's over-and-over.

Having this exact problem....restored back to a previously saved backup of UD2.0 (with old version of Swype) until a solution is found...

I've been wanting to try out the new Swype, as it supposedly is much more accurate, but will wait patiently for a fix....

StingRay

Reaction score
sure wish i wasn't brave enough to have tried this. looks like now all i can access is the newest version that force closes all the time. :mad:

Hey - the version in extras works now. Happy Camper again till the issue is resolved...

do you not have a backup you can restore? I restored a UD 2.0 backup with the old (working) version of Swype....

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
to install update!!!

go into ud menu and click install default keyboard, or uninstall if you ahve it installed from somewhere else. Then you must reboot your phone before you can install the new one. something dumb but a reboot fixes it.

the FC, idk bc i got it too. gonna talk to bd and see whats up. might be missing a lib file or something.

anuraj1

Reaction score
to install update!!!

go into ud menu and click install default keyboard, or uninstall if you ahve it installed from somewhere else. Then you must reboot your phone before you can install the new one. something dumb but a reboot fixes it.

the FC, idk bc i got it too. gonna talk to bd and see whats up. might be missing a lib file or something.

So wait, this method makes the update usable? or does it just install and then FC repeatedly?

That would be awesome if you could ask BD about it. If there is a way to put the new apk in the spot that UD Extras installs the old apk from, that would be rad.

ramos

Reaction score
when you delete / remove swype, reboot before you try to upload the new one. i had this problem when the last beta came out, not on ud but i dont think the rom has anything to do with it

edit: i must of missed that post that already said this. lol

Last edited:

AZDroid09

Reaction score
I switched to CM 6.1 so I could try the newest swype and the improvements are amazing. There is a night and day difference in accuracy between the two versions. It is worth switching ROMs for now for me.

anuraj1

Reaction score
I switched to CM 6.1 so I could try the newest swype and the improvements are amazing. There is a night and day difference in accuracy between the two versions. It is worth switching ROMs for now for me.

Awwww you're killin us man! I want the new Swype so bad!

rmcomer

Reaction score
Solution to install the new Swype Beta !!!

I just spoke with Blackdroid in IRC and here is the solution : To install the new Swype Beta, you need to use a file manager such as root explorer and go into system/lib and delete libSwypeCore.so, then reboot. Now Swype Beta will install properly and not fc! dancedroid

anuraj1

Reaction score
I just spoke with Blackdroid in IRC and here is the solution : To install the new Swype Beta, you need to use a file manager such as root explorer and go into system/lib and delete libSwypeCore.so, then reboot. Now Swype Beta will install properly and not fc! dancedroid

Thank you sir! This worked for me also!

applesr4eating

Reaction score
YES ... worked like a charm. got the new swype beta installed and working. voice input ... its about time .. haha

jbrock98

Reaction score
Ok I installed swype thru udextras then to get new updated swype I unchecked swype in language & keyboard back 2 android KB then went to system/lib... deleted lib.swypecore thing rebooted & but swype is still considered installed the new updated swype won't let me install & I can't find it to delete thru root explorer

Sent from my Droid

rmcomer

Reaction score
Ok I installed swype thru udextras then to get new updated swype I unchecked swype in language & keyboard back 2 android KB then went to system/lib... deleted lib.swypecore thing rebooted & but swype is still considered installed the new updated swype won't let me install & I can't find it to delete thru root explorer

Sent from my Droid

You need to install the stock keyboard again if you've installed Swype through UD Extras. That'll get rid of the Swype option in language/keyboards.

jbrock98

Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

You need to install the stock keyboard again if you've installed Swype through UD Extras. That'll get rid of the Swype option in language/keyboards.

Thanks that worked, I saw android kb already n language&keyboard so I didn't think of that
Sent from my Droid