Updating market Apps.

cuskit

Reaction score
This morning I got the notification for Google Maps sending down an update. Also Docs to Go.

I didn't get this. Weird.

Its seems hit or miss whether I get a notification in the notification bar for updates. This morning I got a notification for Where, but my last several updates I had to manually check for.

I didn't either, but I think the reason is because the "notifications" for APP updates are extremely delayed.

Those updates were several days ago if memory serves me correctly.

I check the Market at least once per day for my downloads to see if there are updates, and apply them from there.

It is a pain to have to update each one and then go back in. I tried one time to click another APP update while one was still loading, It looked like it started, but then seem to cause everything to come to a halt. They did both update, but it was way longer than it took to update each one individually.
I looked at the Google Maps version number -it's 4.0.0 (#4046) gmm-android-verizon

What seems different (I don't remember seeing these before the update) is under layers/favorite places>new york city> and then there is a list of about 40 names, beginning with Mayor Michael Bloomberg - and the rest I never heard of before.

I also never noticed "Transit Lines" either (under layers)

Could be some were from the last update - I never went into layers since that one, which was about 3 weeks ago. Today's update took quite a while, maybe 10-12 minutes. mike

funken

Reaction score
I'm not sure I'd want to update them all at once. Frequently, there are problems with the newest update. It's amazing how often an app gets updates and the comments field fills up with "app stopped working on my Droid." I would however like the option to deny an update. That way I can wait until an update comes out that is proven to work.

That said, I do trust every update from Xscope.

eliassami5

Reaction score
I didn't get this. Weird.

Its seems hit or miss whether I get a notification in the notification bar for updates. This morning I got a notification for Where, but my last several updates I had to manually check for.

I didn't either, but I think the reason is because the "notifications" for APP updates are extremely delayed.

I check the Market at least once per day for my downloads to see if there are updates, and apply them from there.

It is a pain to have to update each one and then go back in. I tried one time to click another APP update while one was still loading, It looked like it started, but then seem to cause everything to come to a halt. They did both update, but it was way longer than it took to update each one individually.
I looked at the Google Maps version number -it's 4.0.0 (#4046) gmm-android-verizon

What seems different (I don't remember seeing these before the update) is under layers/favorite places>new york city> and then there is a list of about 40 names, beginning with Mayor Michael Bloomberg - and the rest I never heard of before.

Could be some were from the last update - I never went into layers since that one, which was about 3 weeks ago. Today's update took quite a while, maybe 10-12 minutes. mike

that update came out about 3 weeks ago, it included google buz, night navigation and other improvements. The notification to update is usually delayed by a day or so, but dang you waited a while to update yours, maybe it took much longer for the notification to pop up on yours?

I usually dont wait for the update notification to appear, since i check for them almost every day anyway.

cuskit

Reaction score

that update came out about 3 weeks ago, it included google buz, night navigation and other improvements. The notification to update is usually delayed by a day or so, but dang you waited a while to update yours, maybe it took much longer for the notification to pop up on yours?

I usually dont wait for the update notification to appear, since i check for them almost every day anyway.
I always update immediately on the notification. Yes - three weeks ago I did get buzz, night navigation and others. But yesterday morning I received another update notification- I can't say for sure what it included - I don't always read the description - I just hit ok and allow it to do it's thing. I do recall seeing something about "my addresses". Not sure what is different than the previous "my addresses". mike

Technoman

Reaction score

Today's update took quite a while, maybe 10-12 minutes. mike

Just checked my version information, and mine is the same as yours. That update was several days ago at least. It is way down on the update list.

I know that there are times that I forgot to check the Market for updates, and the notification shows up quite a while later...... i have seen it be days later.

cuskit

Reaction score

Today's update took quite a while, maybe 10-12 minutes. mike

Just checked my version information, and mine is the same as yours. That update was several days ago at least. It is way down on the update list.

I know that there are times that I forgot to check the Market for updates, and the notification shows up quite a while later...... i have seen it be days later.
My BAD! Just checked my Downloads file - the update was for Google Map Address Book! Sorry for any confusion! I had just glanced quickly - saw Google Maps and clicked ok. The new update I just received is Version 7.

So - looks like I'll have to look more closely in the future - I now have:
Google Maps (ver. 4.0.0)
Google Map Address Book (ver. 7)
Google Sky Map (ver. 1015)

I suppose there's even more - but for the moment I have these three.

This morning I received two more updates: Not Call Log and Apps Organizer (notifications, again). I updated both...

This brings to mind - something they should have (maybe they do?) an app (residing on our Droid) that shows the current version number for all available apps (maybe with the date of the latest version updates). :) mike