Android Market Update

S

SEGA

Just wondering when the Android Market Update Happened?

I used it this morning, took a nap and now the market was updated with sections, search corrections, etc....

Was it part of Google's announcements today?

Updated:
Ok maybe I never noticed clicking 'Apps' brings up a huge selection because I would just do a manual search..

but what is new is:

Do a search for chrome, but spell it 'crome' a correction pops up "did you mean: chrome'

also look under what you searched for previously, there's now a little clock next to your old searches.

IanG

Reaction score
Looks the same here.

If you're talking about the "Apps, Games, Verizon" sections, those have always been there.

OP
S

SEGA

I have a whole new section when market is first opened..

Ok maybe I never noticed clicking 'Apps' brings up a huge selection because I would just do a manual search..

but what is new is:

Do a search for chrome, but spell it 'crome' a correction pops up "did you mean: chrome'

also look under what you searched for previously, there's now a little clock next to your old searches.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stock Moto Droid with 2.2

Those corrections came with the update to 2.2. If you want to update multiple apps, then there will be an update all button down bottom of your downloads section, plus you can check for automatic updates.

OP
S

SEGA

Stock Moto Droid with 2.2

Those corrections came with the update to 2.2. If you want to update multiple apps, then there will be an update all button down bottom of your downloads section, plus you can check for automatic updates.

Ya I saw the 'update all' feature when I updated to 2.2 last week, I never saw the clocks near old searches or spell correction before, I spelled Zombies, zomies yesterday and there was no correction among other words I spelled incorrectly when lookin for apps..

pequannock

Reaction score
Market issues

This afternoon, my Market behavior seems to have changed. When I go to Market/Downloads, I see only my paid downloaded apps PLUS Google Maps, whereas previously I would see all the downloaded apps, free and paid, along with "update available" whenever such was the case. Now I've checked through the various sections of "Apps" and found at least three of my downloaded free apps that have updates available, but no indication of that from the main downloads screen. And no "update all" like I was seeing yesterday.

Is this something that others are noticing, and might it be related to changes coming to the Marketplace, as mentioned just above?

2.2 FRG01B Moto Droid

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I don't know... but seems to me somethings weird, I seem to have alot more updates, alot less space on phone and more trouble downloading updates, for example, launcherpro and another app have been on "Downloading" status for a day, while if I click on Update on another app, it goes right ahead and downloads..

OP
S

SEGA

For a few days now it shows weird update numbers on Market Place

example: Notification 'There are 5 updates', when I check the list, only 2 apps say 'UPDATE' next to them.

When I hit Update All it still only updates the 2 apps.