updating a eris root

Reaction score
well i came into having my old eris back which had since been rooted and i went thru these directions on here
How To Downgrade your Rooted HTC Eris back to 1.5 - HTC Eris Root How To's - TheFuzz4.net

to go back to 1.5 and i assume un root? being this was the site it was rooted from.

now is eris on 2.1 or still 1.5
do i need to have it connected to a service plan to update if thats the case. i want to give it to my gf close to stock as possible since her ally is crap

Irie_Feeling

Reaction score
well i came into having my old eris back which had since been rooted and i went thru these directions on here
How To Downgrade your Rooted HTC Eris back to 1.5 - HTC Eris Root How To's - TheFuzz4.net

to go back to 1.5 and i assume un root? being this was the site it was rooted from.

now is eris on 2.1 or still 1.5
do i need to have it connected to a service plan to update if thats the case. i want to give it to my gf close to stock as possible since her ally is crap

Eris is on and stuck on 2.1 Go to your about phone in your setting, check for an update. I do assume you need a data plan to do this otherwise where are you going to download the update from.

OP
Forcedbyhatred
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I figured. I just hoped I wouldn't have to link it up to my phone to update to 2. 1

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Irie_Feeling

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I figured. I just hoped I wouldn't have to link it up to my phone to update to 2. 1

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

well if the phone doesnt even have service what do you care to update for. If your giving it to your girl once she concects it you can do the update for it

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What are you trying to do, and why? Dont go flashing back to 1.5, or anything just yet. Thats an easy way to mess up your phone. Let me know WHAT you are hoping to accomplish, and I'll help you out.

ChiefOdie

Reaction score
Why go through that stuff!

Look in the market for the 1touch eris root app, then head over to the XDA forum for a Froyo ROM!

Sent from my FroyoEris using DroidForums App