Updated to GB

brooklynprkid

Reaction score
My D2 was rooted and working fine with wireless tethering, since the new GB update it has stopped working, I've tried th "one click root" and nothing works how can I get my wireless tethering back.

mjs1015

Reaction score
Your gonna have to root it with the d3 one click root. Try it again. I've been reading it takes some people a couple tries to get it to work. It took me once (I guess I was lucky). If it still doesn't work try to find another link to it, maybe the one you have is bad.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
B

brooklynprkid

Reaction score
I've downloaded and install from the site, however when running the GB the exploit just keeps running, when T try to use the W/T program it tell me"could not start, is your phone rooted? any other suggestions will be greatly welcomed.

mjs1015

Reaction score
Are you using a pc to run the one click root?

mjs1015

Reaction score
What version of tether are you using? I use 2.0.7 and works great. I'm also on cm7 rom which is awesome. Try reinstalling the app. Maybe reboot. Or download free rom manager and click on fix permissions. Let me now if any of this works.

TomSr

Reaction score
It is the wireless tethering that I already had on the phone for ages. When I try to use it since GB, data doesn't work, and when I open a browser it takes me to a Verizon page to sign up for a tethering package. I'm running stock. Have a link for 2.0.7?

Thanks

mjs1015

Reaction score
Oh yeah I forgot stock GB has that stupid hotspot. That is deffinately annoying. I would recommend trying the cm7 rom. I use it for tethering to my ps3 not sure if there would be any difference there. Here is a link to a bunch of versions of wireless tether: http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list

TomSr

Reaction score
I had checked and do actually have 2.0.7. I'm reluctant to flash a rom after being VERY disappointed with Liberty.

Thanks, anyway, for the link!

OP
B

brooklynprkid

Reaction score
How do I delete an "old" superuser from my phone, Whe I try rooting my phone I get a message that superuser will be installed, I quess that the old superuser is creating a conflict.

mjs1015

Reaction score
maybe use root explorer and delete from the system folder. If your rooting the ota there shouldn't be an old superuser.apk.

mjs1015

Reaction score
Its an app. But now that I think about you need superuser permission to use it so I don't think you'll be able to use the app. Your not rooted right?