Gingerbread wireless tether

superglen99

Reaction score
What and where is this hotspots patch? Also I can surf just fine. Its other devices using my wifi tether that get taken to the Verizon page.

louy99

Reaction score
Its a patch that you flash on your phone so you can use the 3g hotspot app and verizon wont know you're using it, so its free:) I downloaded and installed it from the Fission Rom Manager. FRM has a bunch of add-ons that work with liberty too.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

superglen99

Reaction score
Where is the patch? There's no fission on Rom manager and I didn't see a fission thread in the Rom section on this site. Got a link?

louy99

Reaction score
Check your pm

superglen99

Reaction score
Alright guys the fission rom manager didn't do it. Sigh, anybody get a working wifi tether on the rooted leaked GB?

louy99

Reaction score
Guess im the only lucky one

BOA

Reaction score
Mine worked just fine... just got two icons.

Livin' Free and Not Dyin'

How did you get this to work? You are running the leaked rooted version of GB? Mine doesn't work either; meaning it starts up, no errors but I can't get an IP address from it.

jainer123

Reaction score
Confirmed Working

I can confirm the above methods worked for me on GB.

I uninstalled AWT 2.0.7 and installed the new one, 3.0 pre12. I also downloaded just the TBH patch.

D2 Bstrapped into CW, then flashed patch and rebooted. Installed 3.0. After a few minutes of it not showing up as a network, it finally did and connected and was able to use the web, despite the 3gHotSpot app. Ideally, i'd like to just remove it or something, but this works for now i suppose!

Thanks everyone for your help.

ch0sen0ne

Reaction score
Like others said, the TBH patch worked for me as well. Only downside is that there are two icons now. I was hoping the 3g hotspot would work so I didnt have to use the wifi tether but it does not seem to create a network. After installing wifi tether 3.0 it works.

I cant wait to be able to just remove the built in 3g hotspot

jainer123

Reaction score
3g/signal color change

Hey have any of you noticed that the color of your 3g icon and signal icon change from that blue color to grey/black?

Is that potentially a bad thing? i've noticed my gmail isn't syncing properly, and i was curious if my messing around with the tether did it?

Snow02

Reaction score
Blue means data connected. Gray is not connected.

superglen99

Reaction score
you can remove the mynet.apk using root explorer. There is a thread in the Droid X hacks section on removing bloatware. check it out