Gingerbread wireless tether

citanes-26

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to get wireless tether for root, from the market, to work. I tried the rooted gb and had to go back to liberty. I tether alot so this was the deal breaker for me. The 3g hotspot seems to kill the other wireless tether apps. I tried to find the mynet.apk to delete it with root explorer and never found it like in 2.2, maybe something new to stop tethering. The mobile hotshot app drops connection to much and won't stop without rebooting for me. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

leakim13

Reaction score
Mine worked just fine... just got two icons.

Livin' Free and Not Dyin'

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have noticed that with any wifi tether app, the stock 3g hotspot app will turn on also. When i tried to use the one in the market it said the kernel version is not supported.

OP
citanes-26

citanes-26

Reaction score
I couldn't get it to connect to my ps3 at all, sbfed back, flashed liberty backup, good to go

OP
citanes-26

citanes-26

Reaction score
Mine installed but won't connect to anything, no internet connection

superglen99

Reaction score
same problem here. It starts up fine and then the built in 3g hotspot starts too but when someone tried to connect it doesn't work :(. If anyone finds a fix that would be great

yukmizzee

Reaction score
Same here.... ended up sbfing then flashing liberty backup. That leak didn't play well with my phone .. couple things didn't work right and it lagged like hell

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

teknotronik

Reaction score
Possible Solution

Did you try to Freeze the app with Titanium Backup? Obviously if you freeze it, it shouldn't cause any issues...

OP
citanes-26

citanes-26

Reaction score
The 3g hotspot app (Mynet.apk) doesn't show up in titanium backup & also I couldn't find it with root explorer

Boblank

Reaction score
The 3g hotspot app (Mynet.apk) doesn't show up in titanium backup & also I couldn't find it with root explorer

I searched for a while and couldn't find it either. Would love to know where it is...

Droid_Junky

Reaction score
I spent a little while looking. If you try to delete by dragging it to the trash with launcher pro it calls it settings. Found that icon with titanium but didn't want to chance freezing it.

superglen99

Reaction score
yeah I can't find it anywhere. I believe that is the problem. If someone can find the mynet.apk and freeze it , wireless tether should work.

superglen99

Reaction score
Yeahi got the pre 12 and it works but sends you to the Verizon page to sign up for the mobile hotspot. We need a way to get rid of that mynet.apk!!!

louy99

Reaction score
I had liberty before and currently running the nonrooted GB. I had the hotspot patch installed with liberty and when I flashed the GB, I was curious if the hotspot patch was still installed. I opened the app, opened a webpage and no verizon site popped up. I clicked on a few more web pages and was surfing pretty fast. I think its weird that im not rooted but have free wifi tether! Perhaps if you guys flash the hotspot patch and then flash GB, it will work for you.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums