Updated to 2.0.1

pointdexler

Reaction score
thanks I'm ready to download a HK version in sbf format so i have another question my milestone is A853 which is quad bound so is that HK version quad bound too?
the one I'm downloading is
SHOLS_U2_01.14.0_UCASHLSEMEAB1B803F.0R_USASHLS00RTHKSG_P007_A004_HWp2a_Service1FF.sbf

Yes, thats the same file.. BTW, I updated via OTA.. but Build Number and Baseband Configuration is the same as stated in your post.

talampaya

Reaction score

pointdexler

Reaction score

xhikari

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I got a question here

Below is my model :

Firware Configuration Version
GAS_EMEA_USASHLS00WNDIT_P011

Baseband version
3GSMEPU91A_U_91.08.0DP

Build Number
SHOLS_U2_01.03.1.1258397922

I understand this is a europe model but right now I am not at Europe so I doubt I can receive the OTA updates?
So my question, is it ok if I download the software from the Hong Kong site
Motorola - Milestone - Mobile Phone Software Update - Motorola Hong Kong

And update my phone manually?

Thanx a bunch :)

guztavo

Reaction score
Hi guys, im new in the forum, this is my first post, i bought my milestone a couple of days ago and im trying to do the update to 2.0.1, i already rooted, but im not sure if my milestone is upgreadable since everyone here seems to have a SHOLS distribution and mine is SHLA (im in Argentina). Is there any hope for me? :)

The exact build is SHLA_U2_01.03.0.1258209384

thanks for your help in advance

talampaya

Reaction score
don´t upgrade to 2.0.1 im in argentina, and before i upgrade my milestone i lost 3g and 850 mghz gsm band.
te quedas sin 3G y sin banda 850 en gsm, ahora tengo que esperar una actualizacion, no lo hagas salvo que no te importe el 3g y vivas en capital o alguna zona donde no alla 850 para gsm.

guztavo

Reaction score
don´t upgrade to 2.0.1 im in argentina, and before i upgrade my milestone i lost 3g and 850 mghz gsm band.
te quedas sin 3G y sin banda 850 en gsm, ahora tengo que esperar una actualizacion, no lo hagas salvo que no te importe el 3g y vivas en capital o alguna zona donde no alla 850 para gsm.

Sh*t! by no 3g you mean that you can still browse in 2g, or no browsing at all? Sorry to answer in english, its so other people can understand and we dont get kicked out of the forum :)

abrazo

OP
B

big_adventure

Reaction score
Sh*t! by no 3g you mean that you can still browse in 2g, or no browsing at all? Sorry to answer in english, its so other people can understand and we dont get kicked out of the forum :)

abrazo

I think you would be more likely to get kicked out for not searching, not reading, etc.

There is no current version of 2.0.1 for Milestone that supports 850/1900MHz UMTS. So, no 3G if you "force" an upgrade using an SBF image. 2G will work, but who wants to be stuck there?

guztavo

Reaction score

abrazo

I think you would be more likely to get kicked out for not searching, not reading, etc.

There is no current version of 2.0.1 for Milestone that supports 850/1900MHz UMTS. So, no 3G if you "force" an upgrade using an SBF image. 2G will work, but who wants to be stuck there?

Was that a little bit aggresive or I took it the wrong way?

Right now im using 2g to save battery (with 3g i dont make it to the end of the day), so it's a sacrifice i might be willing to make. Losing 3g in favor of a smoother phone (i dont like the choppiness of the homescreen) an equalizer for the music player, and a better focusing camera, seems an acceptable deal for me.

Last edited:
OP
B

big_adventure

Reaction score
Was that a little bit aggresive or I took it the wrong way?

Right now im using 2g to save battery (with 3g i dont make it to the end of the day), so it's a sacrifice i might be willing to make. Losing 3g in favor of a smoother phone (i dont like the choppiness of the homescreen) an equalizer for the music player, and a better focusing camera, seems an acceptable deal for me.

Don't mind me...

If you don't want / need 3G, the rest of the 2.0.1 experience is better than 2.0, not counting the somewhat choppy scrolling on certain websites.

Good luck, however you decide. Me, I couldn't live without 3G.

nuriaz

Reaction score
Non stop rebooting

When i try to update the SBF file on my Milestone the RSD software failed to do that
now my phone is constantly rebooting and i cannot use it
Any one can help me?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
When i try to update the SBF file on my Milestone the RSD software failed to do that
now my phone is constantly rebooting and i cannot use it
Any one can help me?

:icon_eek:Nuriaz did you realize this thread was started way back in january? this is for the 2.0.1 that everyone has already received months ago. try doing a factory reset. hope that works for you.