Updated SwypeInstaller and Swype Application Released

jayman350

Reaction score
I've been using swype since the second update of the beta (well technically the first beta b/c it was leaked). I signed up for the beta testing and have been using it as my main keyboard ever since. My one complaint (very small) is that it seems to lose all of the custom words you add to the dictionary when you update from one to another.

tarheelmike

Reaction score
dancedroidFinally Swype opened the beta again! Got the email overnight installed this morning and am finally enjoying a released version of Swype:icon_ banana:

tedZilla99

Reaction score
I installed the Beta last night, worked great. Got the new Verizon update this AM, now Swype not working. I can use the keys individually like the Android keyboard, but Swyping is not working. Anyone else having this problem?

tedZilla99

Reaction score
I installed the Beta last night, worked great. Got the new Verizon update this AM, now Swype not working. I can use the keys individually like the Android keyboard, but Swyping is not working. Anyone else having this problem?

I just cleared data, uninstalled Swype and Swype installer, reinstalled, working fine now.dancedroid

vwarnick

Reaction score

I just cleared data, uninstalled Swype and Swype installer, reinstalled, working fine now.dancedroid

Same for me.

vwarnick

Reaction score

Slider5150

Reaction score
Tarheelmike, how long were you on the beta list before you got your invite?

karundel

Reaction score
OK...I'm a n00b....fairly tech-savvy... I just found out yesterday that Swype is already on my DRoidX. I see other ppl on this thread talking about installers and all that. Is the Swype you are installing different than the one I can access from my Settings?

pyro6128

Reaction score
OK...I'm a n00b....fairly tech-savvy... I just found out yesterday that Swype is already on my DRoidX. I see other ppl on this thread talking about installers and all that. Is the Swype you are installing different than the one I can access from my Settings?

Yes, the swype you have won't get updated because it came on your phone. The swype we're talking about is the swype beta. The difference is that those of us in the beta get updated versions of swype with new features and bug fixes, and then we report bugs. They refine the bugs so that the next phone that comes with swype preloaded on it has an updated version. So we're basically testers for future versions

stmomma

Reaction score
I signed up a while back, and got my invite a couple days ago. Haven't installed yet, but getting curious now. I am rooted and running froyo kangarade V5.0.9 Will I need to change anything to test Swype? I really am not in the mood to crash my phone and then have to fix it. :) Thanks for suggestions and yes, I will go look for known bugs etc. Just trying to find out the easy way.

pyro6128

Reaction score
I don't know about that rom specifically, since I run UD, but its a pretty straightforward process and shouldnt have any adverse effects on your phone. Just click the link in the email they sent you, it will download the installer, the beauty of the new installer is it walks you through the steps and makes everything super easy. Just follow the on screen directions. Then uninstall the installer, since its no longer needed, and you're good to go.

AtreyuRock

Reaction score
So those with older phones on the beta version get the updated versions, but those of us with the new phones, need to buy even new phones to get the updated versions? LOL.......great.

pyro6128

Reaction score
So those with older phones on the beta version get the updated versions, but those of us with the new phones, need to buy even new phones to get the updated versions? LOL.......great.

Haha yea, that's pretty much how it works