Updated SwypeInstaller and Swype Application Released

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
swpe-dec7.png

Swype has just released an updated SwypeInstaller and Application to include several bug fixes and new features. Some of these features include:

INSTALLER v.1.1.15121
Revised installer workflow. Users can now enable Swype and select it as the default input method from within the Swype installer.
The installer now includes a repair feature. If a previous installation failed, or if the existing Swype BETA installation is broken (missing/corrupt license, etc), the installer will attempt to resume the installation process and repair any broken elements.
Clarified error messages to give a more accurate description of the specific problem encountered.
Added links to the tutorial and tips-and-tricks videos to the end of the installation.

SWYPE BETA v2.15.56.14870
Added support for new installer features, such as version checking and installation repair.
Merged the most recent changes from trunk (mostly device-specific bugfixes)

To update:
1. If you didn't receive the November update, uninstall Swype and SwypeInstaller currently on your device. Otherwise, just launch SwypeInstaller to get the update.
2. Download the new Swype Installer & Beta here. (By downloading the Swype Installer you agree to Swype's Terms and Conditions.)
3. Click here for detailed step-by-step installation instructions.
4. Please read the BETA FAQ HERE if you have any install issues - Including if you forgot your login password.

Thanks for the heads up Rich!

DJStormX

Reaction score
My Droid X and 2 came with this preloaded....will the same directions work to uninstall and install the update?

c_hale22

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ill have to give it another shot.

tarheelmike

Reaction score
up your swype! Tired of your snubbing of Incredible owners that did not get in on the initial beta. No telling how much money you has missed out on. Just tired of the BS trying to get what really is a great keyboard.

wierdo124

Reaction score
I've actually used Swype since it came out, but yesterday i tried without and find i'm better without it. Swype has gotten worse - i'm ALWAYS getting pop-ups now.

souljerr

Reaction score
I've actually used Swype since it came out, but yesterday i tried without and find i'm better without it. Swype has gotten worse - i'm ALWAYS getting pop-ups now.

I've also been on the beta since day one. I personally think things are more responsive. What type of pop-ups are you getting?

wierdo124

Reaction score
Asking what word i want, telling me i should remove this word from my dictionary, all that crap together slows texting down a lot.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
This installation was the fastest it's ever happened. Normally I get the "You already have a version of Swype installed. Please remove and reinstall" message 4-5 times before it installs. Last month I cleared home defaults, powered downed, rebooted and used the stock home with no widgets and it installed fine. This time I merely launched the stock home (via Home Switcher) and pressed the installer. It updated and installed Swype. I liked how it paused to get the license.

I've used Swype for some time and really like it.

pyro6128

Reaction score
I think if your phone came with swype, you can't get these updates. The updates are for the betas, but the swype that comes preloaded isnt a beta. That is my understanding.

jbg25

Reaction score
I think if your phone came with swype, you can't get these updates. The updates are for the betas, but the swype that comes preloaded isnt a beta. That is my understanding.

Correct...we Beta users are the lab rats. That is why the Beta is closed...but still getting updates. They fix all the bugs they find in the pre-loaded versions on the Droid X and other phones and push it to us for testing before pushing the updates to them.

As for why they never released this to the market....I believe I read somewhere that when they signed the agreements to have this keyboard preloaded by certain manufacturers...they agreed never to release it to the market. I am sure if this is the case...they were handsomely compensated for that sacrifice with a giant check that would take millions of users to pay for the keyboard to equal....and correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think any app has reached a million downloads yet....let alone a paid app.