Updated phone (jelly bean) now I can't text.

lowcel

Reaction score
I updated the firmware on my phone this morning, everything seemed to go fine. Well, once it came back on I realized that I can not text. On Handcent SMS I keep receiving the message "Handcent SMS isn't responding". On the included text messenger I just have the little circle spinning and spinning. I could use some assistance.

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
The standard answers are going to be to try rebooting the phone, possibly a few times, and possibly a factory data reset (fdr)

To reboot must hold power and volume down for about 10 seconds, should automatically reboot the phone.

The fdr is under settings - > privacy. This wipes your phone back to like it was stock out of the box only with jb installed, so back up pictures, music and personal files on phone before doing that, and then you will need to reinstall apps.

You could also clear cache on phone before the fdr, but I'm no expert in how to do that.

We are the Droid!!
You will be assimilated!!
Resistance is futile!!

OP
lowcel

lowcel

Reaction score
The standard answers are going to be to try rebooting the phone, possibly a few times, and possibly a factory data reset (fdr)

To reboot must hold power and volume down for about 10 seconds, should automatically reboot the phone.

The fdr is under settings - > privacy. This wipes your phone back to like it was stock out of the box only with jb installed, so back up pictures, music and personal files on phone before doing that, and then you will need to reinstall apps.

You could also clear cache on phone before the fdr, but I'm no expert in how to do that.

We are the Droid!!
Resistance is futile!!

Thank you. Hopefully I won't have to start completely over with it by resetting it.

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
I hope so too, I hate having to do that.

You may also try to uninstall and reinstall handcent before doing a fdr

We are the Droid!!
Resistance is futile!!