Receiving multiple texts (handcent)

JScharf92

Reaction score
I am using handcent sms (not sure if that matters) on stock updated everything. sometimes when i get a text, the same exact message will be received 3 or 4 times. Is this a handcent or android issue and how can i fix it?

edit: it does not happen all the time. Just randomly

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Carrier issue. Same person?

Wife receives 3 same texts from her friend on Sprint if she's in a bad service area.

Sent from my XT862, while on the move.

pool_shark

Reaction score
This happened to me a lot last week but has since stopped.

OP
JScharf92

JScharf92

Reaction score
Carrier issue. Same person?

Wife receives 3 same texts from her friend on Sprint if she's in a bad service area.

Sent from my XT862, while on the move.

It happens when i get messages from people on every network wether or not i have full service or barely any.

Heywood

Reaction score
This was happening to both my wife and I when we first bought our X2's at launch. Lasted about a month and stopped without changes or updates

tlm1981

Reaction score
Been having the same problem using the standard texting on my DX for about a week. Thought it was just me. It's starting to drive me a little nuts. Maybe a Verizon problem??

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Sbeck

Reaction score
I've been on a DX for about a year now and I see this problem also. I've got some text messages from certain people that ALWAYS come in with 2 copies. I have noticed since taking the GingerBread update that I'm getting 2,3 and sometimes 4 copies of the same message randomly now. I can't tie it to bad signal or certain people, but it's happening more frequently now.

newmanx4

Reaction score
Go into the Manage Apps menu and clear data and cache in both Messaging and Text Messaging. That fixed mine.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums