Receiving Multiple Duplicate Text Messages, new phone. Handcent?

chindsiv

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I bought a droid X2 about a month ago. I installed handcent and really like it. After a few weeks I started receiving duplicate messges from multiple people that I text regularly. They assured me that the were not resending their messages. Within the last week I would sometimes receive anywhere from 4 to 7 duplicate texts. This happened with people that are on the verizon network and people that are on the sprint network. This began to really frustrate me, and I uninstalled handcent. It pretty much stopped the duplciate messages, but i still receive 2 from time to time. I reinstalled handcent and I began receiving duplicate messages again.

Can anyone give me instructions on how to stop this? I really liked the customization that handcent gave me, and I'd like to be able to use it without receiving the duplicate messages.

Thanks for your time.

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
This is an android issue and is supposedly fixed in the upcoming gingerbread update, which should be out to most people by the end of this week.

OP
chindsiv

chindsiv

Reaction score
Awesome. Thank you for letting me know.is there anything special I need to do to get the update when it is released?

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
Awesome. Thank you for letting me know.is there anything special I need to do to get the update when it is released?

Nope, you'll probably pull the phone out of your pocket or wake up to it in the morning with a little prompt on if you want to update the phone now or wait until later.

If you choose wait (maybe your at work or something instead of home) you'll be able to pull it up again by going to settings>about>system update.

killianss

Reaction score
what a deal i dont use handcent but ever since ive gotten the gb update, ive received multiple texts (same text repeating) and my texts haven't gone through! what a drag

slick70

Reaction score
I have Gingerbread & Handscent and I am STILL getting multiple messages

pepsi3573

Reaction score
Do the texts have a callback number listed? I know there's a thread on the revolution forum about how texts with callback numbers are getting delivered twice.

Also, I'm sure they are, but are your notifications on the stock app set to no notifications (turned off)?

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

meatballdemarco

Reaction score
I've used handcent for quite some time now and I've only got duplicate messages like three times the entire time. and usually they stop after I decide to reply. This was pre and post the gb update too btw

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
chindsiv

chindsiv

Reaction score
just an update:

After receiving the OTA GB update, I have only received a duplicate text one time. I'm loving GB. Love the DX2