Duplicate Text Messages--every time

shaynesgnex

Reaction score
Agreeing with an above post, it's not a network issue, it isn't really a issue with the phone itself. I tried handcent when I first switched to android a year or so ago and had this problem over and over. Once I upgraded to a Droid x and used Go SMS, never had another problem. Tried handcent again and it starts again. Now with my GNex I'm sticking with GoSMS. Seems like Handcent has difficulty taking over for the stock app for whatever reason.

f1lter

Reaction score
I can confirm that deleting all SMS history seems to work, but it's only been a few hours... ;-) Do not bother wiping your phone or talking to Verizon. This is a not a network issue -- at least not in my case. Verizon has no record of the duplicate messages, it's the phone itself that's generating them.

Also, not sure if it's any more effective/aggressive than just deleting history from the UI, but I deleted the raw smsmms database file as root:

/data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/mmssms.db

comk4ver

Reaction score
Try deleting google framework the cache and data... also I've heard if you go to settings> date and time> make sure automatic date and time network provided and automatic time zone network provided are checked off.