Updated but still 2.2.1

mg8199

Reaction score
I posted this earlier in the blanket "Droid" discussion so I'll try the one specifically for the Moto Droid...

I received the 2.2.2 update this morning. However, after the automatic reboot it's still showing 2.2.1 (FRG83D).

I did a manual reboot then tried a battery pull. I don't know if this is a glitch or what.

Android Version

Baseband Version
C_01.43.01P

Kernal
2.6.32.9-g68eeef5

Anyone else have this problem?
:motdroidvert:

Stiefel

Reaction score
Yes, same here. Just updated about 45 minutes ago. Still says 2.2.1 and FRG83D. Moto Droid 1.

Mine is not rooted. Never has been.

additional system info:
Model: Droid
Android Version: 2.2.1
Baseband version: C_01.43.01P
Kernal version: 2.6.32.9-g68eeef5, android-build@apa26 #1
Build number: FRG83D

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
Edit sys info

qcharu

Reaction score
Update just completed on my D1 and it says 2.2.2. FRG83G

Sent from my Droid

OP
M

mg8199

Reaction score
Well at least I'm not alone. I really don't want to have to manually update like I did w/ 2.2.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I posted this earlier in the blanket "Droid" discussion so I'll try the one specifically for the Moto Droid...

I received the 2.2.2 update this morning. However, after the automatic reboot it's still showing 2.2.1 (FRG83D).

I did a manual reboot then tried a battery pull. I don't know if this is a glitch or what.

Android Version

Baseband Version
C_01.43.01P

Kernal
2.6.32.9-g68eeef5

Anyone else have this problem?
:motdroidvert:

Are you rooted? If so, depending on the method you used to root your phone could be set to block updates.

droidshot®

Reaction score
What's up guys?? I got my ota update this morning and just checked it when I seen this.Mine said 2.2.2!! Also, mine is stock and has never been rooted!! I haven't noticed any changes though. What was the update supposed to do different? Thanks guys.

OP
M

mg8199

Reaction score
The latest update isn't really cosmetic. It just fixes some various bugs and what not. If you google 2.2.2 droid update you can read all the additions.

PainProphet

Reaction score
Well at least I'm not alone. I really don't want to have to manually update like I did w/ 2.2.

Same here and of course if you go to the update section on the phone, it never actually updates, and I just uninstalled all the motocrap from when I was trying to get my droid to accept the bugless beast rom, but it didn't like the OC. Been stock for a long time and got 2.2.1 ota just fine.

Ahh well, needs more multi -core qwerty unlocked devices coming out...

BAD2RAD

Reaction score
Running
Baseband Version: C_01.43.01P
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-g68eeef5 android-build@apa26 #1
Build Number FRG83D

I am rooted and received the OTA update, did tell it to install ... it rebooted to the Motorola symbol and then it rebooted itself again after a couple of minutes on the Motorola symbol and came back up normal ... no update status or yellow triangle or anything ... so i assume that my phone blocked the update which is fine and all ... my phone still shows the same above details so nothing happened ... just wondered if there was a way to get 2.2.2 on my phone without taking root from me or anything like that lol

OP
M

mg8199

Reaction score
Ya know... Now that I think about it... I'm not even sure if I got the yellow triangle... Then again I had just gotten up and wasn't quite awake yet.

boostedhonda

Reaction score
Running
Baseband Version: C_01.43.01P
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-g68eeef5 android-build@apa26 #1
Build Number FRG83D

I am rooted and received the OTA update, did tell it to install ... it rebooted to the Motorola symbol and then it rebooted itself again after a couple of minutes on the Motorola symbol and came back up normal ... no update status or yellow triangle or anything ... so i assume that my phone blocked the update which is fine and all ... my phone still shows the same above details so nothing happened ... just wondered if there was a way to get 2.2.2 on my phone without taking root from me or anything like that lol

Pete alfonso has a stock rooted version of frg83g on his website. Peteralfonso.com

Sent From My Gingerbread Droid 1

Stiefel

Reaction score
Pete alfonso has a stock rooted version of frg83g on his website. Peteralfonso.com

I went and downloaded this, but don't have a clue how to manually update. I am currently searching the forums about how to do a manual update... is there a particular section of the forum that teaches how to do this? Thanks.

PainProphet

Reaction score

I went and downloaded this, but don't have a clue how to manually update. I am currently searching the forums about how to do a manual update... is there a particular section of the forum that teaches how to do this? Thanks.

Go to this thread, should help, worked for me:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/133146-frg83g-official-ota-patch-2.html

Stiefel

Reaction score
Cool. Thanks. I had previously downloaded the update directly into my phone from Peter's website. After reading some of that thread you posted, I decided to start by doing a shutdown, then restarting. I chose shutdown and my phone didn't really shut down, it appeared to do a reboot. Then the update process started and I am now updated to 2.2.2. Not sure just what exactly happened, but seems to be just fine now! Thanks again PainProphet! Thanks to boostedhonda also for posting the link to Peter's site, and I suppose thanks to Peter too! :))