Update.zip

tfotos

Reaction score
I noticed that when I switched my phone from stock to SC 2.9.2 that there was an update.zip file that I had to download. What exactly is that for? Also, if I were to install a theme, would there be a walkthrough lurking somewhere around these forums? So far I am very impressed with SC 2.9.2..I don't know exactly what was done..but my phone seems way faster. You guys are geniuses. Thanks a lot and cheers!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Themes are installed just like roms are. As far as the update.zip you're better off reading the thread that had the update.zip in it.

OP
tfotos

tfotos

Reaction score
Themes are installed just like roms are. As far as the update.zip you're better off reading the thread that had the update.zip in it.

The walk through said to dl it, so I did. After installing SC 2.9.2 it said nothing about the zip file. No worries. I will leave it be and enjoy the milk chocolaty goodness of my phone. :)

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
I noticed that when I switched my phone from stock to SC 2.9.2 that there was an update.zip file that I had to download. What exactly is that for? Also, if I were to install a theme, would there be a walkthrough lurking somewhere around these forums? So far I am very impressed with SC 2.9.2..I don't know exactly what was done..but my phone seems way faster. You guys are geniuses. Thanks a lot and cheers!

It's froyo clockwork mod. Aka red recovery. So you can flash roms, themes and other zips. Pretty damn important. Put it on the root of your sd card boot to recovery and hot apply zip. Then find "clockwork mod all. Zip" and flash that, it's an all working cwm parts of the froyo cwm are broken. It can be a bit much for new rooters but there was no way to include cwm-all in the ODIN packages.

Sent from my SC'd 2.9.2 EC10v Fascinate

OP
tfotos

tfotos

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I am going to have to look up all that stuff you just said. I have no idea what flashing is....but I am learning more and more every time I cruise around in these formus. Right now..as is..if I leave that update.zip file alone will I be ok? So far my phone is ok. Thanks again and cheers!

Jerome900

Reaction score
Ya just leave the zip file where it is. Once u read more u will full understan what its for. Have fun

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I am going to have to look up all that stuff you just said. I have no idea what flashing is....but I am learning more and more every time I cruise around in these formus. Right now..as is..if I leave that update.zip file alone will I be ok? So far my phone is ok. Thanks again and cheers!

Here you go.

read read read

Sent from my SC'd 2.9.2 EC10v Fascinate

Last edited:
OP
tfotos

tfotos

Reaction score
Much appreciated friends. I have bookmarked that page. Extremely useful information. I can not thank you enough.