Update Version 2.2.20 ? Anyone else get this?

well its been a few hours. normally here at my apartment my phone has -65 to -69db signal, very good, but the signal display is all over the place, from full bars to one bar, even when i have amazing signal strength.

so far since the update that fluctuation is gone, it has not gone below 3 bars once. in a day i'll know if it fixed the 1x issue as my phone would go into 1x every day in places i had great 3g. last night my buddy's droid 2 said 'nationwide account access denied' when he was trying to send a text.

well things are getting a bit more off. now phone shows 2 bars with signal showing at -64dbm. when i go out later i'll find out about the 1x issue.

The floor models in the stores apparently already have a newer version than we do, at least some of them...

977817806_d6BjN-M-1.jpg

The floor models in the stores apparently already have a newer version than we do, at least some of them...

I wonder if that means we're getting another update soon. I hope so and I hope it fixes the reception problems with not receiving phone calls and text messages.

It isn't supposed to address reception but it has apparently fixed a Corporate sync problem with Outlook Exchange Server contacts not being synced if they were in categorized on the server. It appeared to me to even exclude "recently called, favorites, etc" maddeningly bringing over the 1500 contacts in my list of 1608 people only leaving out the 108 people I actually had communicated with in the last two years. But this seems to have fixed it. Cuz

It isn't supposed to address reception but it has apparently fixed a Corporate sync problem with Outlook Exchange Server contacts not being synced if they were in categorized on the server. It appeared to me to even exclude "recently called, favorites, etc" maddeningly bringing over the 1500 contacts in my list of 1608 people only leaving out the 108 people I actually had communicated with in the last two years. But this seems to have fixed it. Cuz

You're referring to the update we already have. My previous post is about the newer version from the droids in the store as shown in the pic above.

I have not had exchange push emails work since this upgrade. they do work if i open the app.

I just applied the update . . . I wasn't sure how long it would take to install, but everything seems to have gone well. I'll report back any major improvements/issues.

Update problem...

I just got a new DROID2 on Saturday preloaded with the 2.2.19 SW. Once they activated it at the store, I immediately ran the manual update. It found the 2.2.20 update and began downloading it. I checked a few hours later and the SW never updated. When I went to manually download again, it said the download is currently in progress and I will be notified when it completes.

I waited more than 24 hours, still the same. In that time, I shut the phone off a couple times, removed the battery, performed a factory reset, called Verizon (who said I should call Moto), and called Moto (extremely not helpful). I ended up with level 2 at Moto and they did not even know the proper procedure to reset my phone.

After I performed the factory reset, I checked again for an update and it found it and began downloading. That was 3 hours ago and now I am stuck with the same problem I started with. It seems to be in a loop with the download.

Any thoughts?

You're not the first person to report this problem...apparently VZW has some server issues?

You can either call VZW/visit a store and see what they suggest, or find the D2 2.2.20 SBF and RSD lite and flash it manually yourself...

Is this update working now? I have a defective D2 that I'm switching out for a new D2 tomorrow.

Back