[Update] Verizon's New Family Data Plans Begin: It's Called the Share Everything Plan

cdm369

Reaction score
They are gonna push the new plan even if the old one is available. They tried that with me and I asked to speak to a supervisor and I got my way. After all its not official policy yet. But they still try to sway you...that's why vzw keeps their employees in the dark.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
monkey_man said:
I feel your pain PereDroid... Am just curious tho... Aren't your Verizon phones are under your company you work for?? Well it was based on your last post. How does the Plaon Owner

Yes, I am on a work plan.
We met with ATT. On our 26 lines based on our data usage ATT quoted us a plan with everyone switching from unlimited to caps based on what they average. Our members mthly bill would drop by 500.00. Pretty significant for a small company. They also are offering 150.00 per phone to help us break contracts.
We still would need to pay subsidized prices for all new phones, however.
Second meeting next week.
My wife will also be switching to ATT depending on their pricing when her contract expires.
I DO speak with my dollars.

darrick04

Reaction score
Really? Hmmmm, I've had a smartphone for over a year and use it all day every day for viewing/replying to around 80 emails, surfing the web, calendar app synced with Google Calendar for all my appointments, none of which could be done with a basic phone, and haven't once gone over 1GB in a month's time because I'm on wireless at work and home 95% of the time. Everyone at work does the same thing. Guess we don't need our smartphones. I beg to differ.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

When I said 1GB per month, I was referring to using the 3G/4G network that Verizon charges you. If we all used our phones via wifi 95% of the time like you, we wouldn't need to get a larger data cap plan. But when our HOME internet is provided by Verizon's mifi device, we can not simply switch to wifi like you suggest. I work for a large corporation which uses a secure, non-accessible wifi signal for personal use. Therefore, 95% of the data I use, is through the carrier, not being offloaded to wifi.

I understand, corporations have to make money, I am beyond impressed with Verizon's lead in the 4G market, I am a 10 year Verizon customer who has been loyal to them, defended their higher plan prices, and have been overall satisfied as a customer. I do not call customer service every day, week, or month. Let alone, in a year's time. I don't pretend my warrantied phone has issues so they will continue sending me phones until I eventually get a new one. I have ALWAYS paid our $300+ a month bill, on time, and will continue to do so while under the current contract. So after 10 years, of being a 100% Verizon fan/customer, I am upset that my bill will now be increased by no less than $20 per month, even though the actual cost of transmitting that data has not increased, one penny.

Bottom line is. This is a consumer driven market, and just like with the decision to eliminate the absurd payment fees, before they ever implemented it, this is a decision worth reconsidering, or at minimum, make more sense of.

Last edited:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
My usage can be anywhere between right under 1GB to over 30.

At home I have home internet, wifi, cable. When i'm in the house I barely use my phone for anything. When I'm over other ppl's house...my usage can go up. When I'm out n about more my usage can go up. I haven't watched Netflix to n from work lately. I haven't used the tune in radio app lately.

This month I'll be at 700mb. Cycle restarts the 25th. Even those of us that use under 1GB and over 20...it all depends on you're average use.

kennykid

Reaction score
Okay SO.

I have a 4G Droid Charge on a plan with 2 other people, on with an iPhone 4, one with a Droid 2.

I'm due for an upgrade and want the GSIII, I understand that if I pre-order correctly I will keep unlimited data for at least 2 years. As for my other 2 lines, is there anything I need to make sure they do/don't do? What happens after say 9 months when the droid 2 wants an upgrade? If they use and upgrade and get a subsidized phone, will it affect my unlimited data since we are all on the same plan?

monkey_man

Reaction score
Bottom line is. This is a consumer driven market, and just like with the decision to eliminate the absurd payment fees, before they ever implemented it, this is a decision worth reconsidering, or at minimum, make more sense of.

Right, the saddest thing tho is that Wireless market is not like Retail. There are not that many competitions out there to make us happy. Bunch of Giants now to provide us with better signals, but the bad thing is that they bought up every start-up companies in this market. You said move to different carriers... I'm thinking the same and did ask till they are going to penalize me. Money wise / month are about the same between all three carriers, my main focus for a cellphone is to call tho... And you know which one have the most coverage in US. They can only do this (playing around with price) because news transfers fast. We are better equipped than telco reps because of super fast news as well. I love to see a competition in this market like a competition between Frys vs Best Buy, if not, future looks grim for cellphone.

Last edited:

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
jroc said:
My usage can be anywhere between right under 1GB to over 30.

At home I have home internet, wifi, cable. When i'm in the house I barely use my phone for anything. When I'm over other ppl's house...my usage can go up. When I'm out n about more my usage can go up. I haven't watched Netflix to n from work lately. I haven't used the tune in radio app lately.

This month I'll be at 700mb. Cycle restarts the 25th. Even those of us that use under 1GB and over 20...it all depends on you're average use.

30 Gigs, really, WOW.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
kennykid said:
Okay SO.

I have a 4G Droid Charge on a plan with 2 other people, on with an iPhone 4, one with a Droid 2.

I'm due for an upgrade and want the GSIII, I understand that if I pre-order correctly I will keep unlimited data for at least 2 years. As for my other 2 lines, is there anything I need to make sure they do/don't do? What happens after say 9 months when the droid 2 wants an upgrade? If they use and upgrade and get a subsidized phone, will it affect my unlimited data since we are all on the same plan?

Yes, they will need to purchase the phone at FULL price, read on of my posts in the SG III forum, so you can understand how this works. Ok here it is if you don't want to search for it.
It is all explained for you right here, enjoy.
Originally Posted by kparks

I got a question when I get my gs3 I plan on selling it on eBay do I need to do anything with the sim I'm assuming I ship everything unactivated... I'm keeping my tbolt!! And when I order my next htc phone
smile.png
ill just get another sim

When you order your next phone you will have to pay full price for it, don't forget the SG III you are planning to sell "which you bought at a subsidized price" still belongs to Verizon for 2 years "until it is payed off", reason for them locking you in for another two years is so they can recoup the additional $350 for the original price of the phone, someone has to pay Samsung for the device, so by them giving you a break so you can upgrade to a brand spanking new device at a fraction of said devices full retail cost, they lock you in so said device will be paid off in full, THEY are making the payments for YOU at a 2 year rate, of course it is coming out of your account, it's just so you don't have to pay the full price up front, but after two years the phone is payed for BY YOU, and then is yours TO DO WHATEVER YOU WANT WITH IT, so you can continue on a month to month basis, unless you buy another subsidized phone, you again will be locked in for two more years " so you can pay for the phones full price at a two year rate, it's like a loan, a two year loan".

Reason Verizon locks people in for two years is so they can recoup the money's for the phone that was sold to you INITIALLY at a subsidized price, someone has to pay for the phone, at it sure is not going to be Verizon, that is why if you BUY a phone at fully price, Verizon does not care if they lock you in for another two years, because the phone is payed for, no risks for them, another reason they bang you for that $350 early termination fee "the termination fee goes down the longer you have the phone", so in case you decide to leave, they still get the money so they can pay off the phone to whom ever vendor they purchased it from. Samsung, LG, HTC, Sony are not in the charity business.

And in regards to your SIM question, I believe the new LTE Sim is build into the chipset, that is the way that Qualcomm will be going with the S4 chipset, it uses less power this way.

Last edited by cybertec69; Today at 11:03 AM.

Last edited:

monkey_man

Reaction score
So much reading that :rofl2: Yes you can Sell your SGS III, but if you do, you better do it quick as the more competitions the less value you get for your phone. You better hope you get $600 at least for that SGS III because you are paying what ~$350 for the phone + ~$15 monthly payments in 2 years (Sum amount ~$660)? You do not need to send your Sim card. Sim Card is unique to your account. They can just get their own sim card. In the end, Verizon still win!! :happy3: You did not buy the phone at wholesaler, it just in your imagination that you get more cash.

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
Verizon isn't any greedier than you.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using the Droid Forums App

please explain how i'm being greedy since i've never used more than 5 GB in a month and average around 3.5.

On another note how long have you worked for Verizon you troll

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Come on guys, let's keep this thread user friendly. No name calling, please. And no more being rude to each other.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

rojo7905

Reaction score
Where are people seeing that Verizon if going to force people into these new plans when they upgrade their phones? Or that they are going to take away your unlimited data when someone else in your family share plan upgrades their phone? Why would one line upgrading have anything to do with the other lines? They are separate contracts with separate terms and end dates. Please stop posting things as fact unless you actually know them to be a fact and have the proof.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Where are people seeing that Verizon if going to force people into these new plans when they upgrade their phones? Or that they are going to take away your unlimited data when someone else in your family share plan upgrades their phone? Why would one line upgrading have anything to do with the other lines? They are separate contracts with separate terms and end dates. Please stop posting things as fact unless you actually know them to be a fact and have the proof.

Do you have proof? We all know Verizon is not forcing people into these contracts. They aren't going to MAKE people switch. We get it. And if one line upgrades, it could affect the whole account. Why wouldn't it? They will no longer have tiered plans after the 28th (if you're on one, you can keep it). The only choice will be a family share plan. They will have individual plans, but a line on a family account can't be switched to an individual plan. Thus, they would be forced to accept the family share plan and put everyone on family share.