Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
55e5e84d422204caffbb44359e941763.jpg

doogald

Reaction score
I've "heard" people have gotten the survey twice now? I wonder what that's all about..

I read that there was a 23.3.23 soak test two weeks ago, then volte was dropped from the droids over that weekend temporarily, then there was another 23.3.24 update about this time last week. So, if I were a betting man, I'd bet that there was a problem with the initial 23.3.23 ota.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I read that there was a 23.3.23 soak test two weeks ago, then volte was dropped from the droids over that weekend temporarily, then there was another 23.3.24 update about this time last week. So, if I were a betting man, I'd bet that there was a problem with the initial 23.3.23 ota.
Might have been.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Android is upgrading...

Optimizing 86 of 196.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Update complete, now I'm getting "Unfortunately, EAB application has stopped" errors.

Rebooting...

New splash screen, same "M" logo in the middle, but "powered by ANDROID" (with ANDROID in a nice font), is now at the bottom

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Once you get VoLTE added to your account through the My Verizon site, reboot your phone and then the new VoLTE toggle should look like this. I have not noticed any difference in call quality yet....just that its a battery hog. Settings > More > Mobile Networks.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414619730684.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1414619730684.png
    121 KB · Views: 237

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I have noticed much more clarity when talking to the wife. That said, being that she's currently the only other person in my contact list that has a VoLTE enabled device, I've turned it off. It's a battery hog on the S5 as well and I've gotten used to not having to plug in my phone until I go to bed each night. It's a waste imo...

S5 tap'n

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
From Androidforums...

When the screen is off and you pass your hand over the proximity sensor the previous release would show the active display. This release does not. Moving the Maxx with the screen off will show the active display.

In Settings | Google | Voice | “OK Google” Detection make sure “From Google Search app” and “from any screen” are both off. If they are on very strange things happen with Touchless Control.

With both options turned off ... when you are in the Google Search app ... it now responds to the launch phrase. The previous version didn’t.

When you place your Maxx on a wireless charger the tone is now different. There still is no way to change it or disable it.

I can confirm, wave over top to show notifications (active display) no longer works...we're back to knocking.

I can't speak to the other issues mentioned.

Edit: Wave doesn't work, it was fooling me. Now the display wakes up every 13 seconds on the mark for me, stays on for 3 seconds, then off for 9. I've clocked this for over 5 minutes this way.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have noticed much more clarity when talking to the wife. That said, being that she's currently the only other person in my contact list that has a VoLTE enabled device, I've turned it off. It's a battery hog on the S5 as well and I've gotten used to not having to plug in my phone until I go to bed each night. It's a waste imo...

S5 tap'n

I am thinking about turning it off now also, 2 short calls every day the last few days are using 15 - 20% battery??? I now have to charge my Maxx every day to have any juice by the next morning just because I made a few calls. Hopefully Verizon will continue to tweak and update their VoLTE network so it's not such a battery drain on the phone. It's a cool new feature...but they have some things to work out before it's ready for every phone.

Reactions: cr6

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yep...the "Jedi Hand Wave" to see active notifications is gone...bummer! :(

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
From Androidforums...

In Settings | Google | Voice | “OK Google” Detection make sure “From Google Search app” and “from any screen” are both off. If they are on very strange things happen with Touchless Control.

I can confirm that if both options are checked very strange things happen when trying to use Voice Controls. If they are unchecked, Voice Control seems to work fine.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Now I'm starting to think I want to disable... CALLS WILL DROP! See below;

Calls drop!!.JPG

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Now I'm starting to think I want to disable... CALLS WILL DROP! See below;

View attachment 73320

True...that's another reason why some people may not want to turn VoLTE to ON. Folks that travel between 4G and 3G areas might drop some calls if they turn VoLTE on.