Update Screws Up Extended Battery Recharging

slinky

Reaction score
The extended battery seems to last a very long time although getting it fully charged properly has been impossible since the update. Last night I plugged the phone into an outlet and this morning (again) the phone still doesn't have that "full" green light signal. It should not take over 8 hours to charge 65% of the extended battery.

This AM I awoke to find it at 75%. Couldn't get it above that so I did a reboot. Upon rebooting after unplugging the device, I got a 95% reading. ?????? Something is seriously wrong with the power monitoring now.

mafiafan123

Reaction score
Using the htc extended battery on 4G heavy usage latest update battery is new 10 hrs 70% left could probably go a few days in 3g. Only problem I noticed was one bar less with this case and the contact are not connected in the middle like the original

Sent from my Thunderbolt

katatonic

Reaction score
I noticed sort of the opposite. Where once my battery starts to get low the last 20 or so percent goes really quickly compared to before the update.

sent from my thunderbolt.

mafiafan123

Reaction score
I'll have to watch for that and let you know I'm at 60% now I thought it's not good to let go past 10% have you tried the battery trick charge till green unplug turn on then off plug in it should charge for like another 1hr then turn on

Sent from my Thunderbolt

katatonic

Reaction score
I'll have try that in the morning

sent from my thunderbolt.

mafiafan123

Reaction score
My battery lasted 24h (4G only) till I plugged it back in forgot to last night it was at 2% so ill post back and let you know after this full cycle.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

mafiafan123

Reaction score
So I got a full day 8am 1am 15% on 4G it did go down fast it seems at 25% battery saving mode helps though under settings battery also 3g almost last two days with semi usage charge time seems to vary 4-6 hrs hope this helps you

Sent from my Thunderbolt