Three Recharging Questions

pdmike

Reaction score
I have three, distinct questions about recharging my Droid Incredible:

1. Does it hurt the phone/battery to pull the phone off of recharge and commence using it before it has fully recharged, i.e., while the red light is still on?

2. Does it hurt the phone/battery to begin recharging it while the light is still green, i.e., before it drops below the 20% power level?

3. Does it hurt the phone/battery to begin recharging the phone when you go to bed and leaving it on recharge all night? I understand it will not hurt the phone/battery to do this because the recharging stops automatically once the phone has been fully charged. True?

Droid101

Reaction score
I have three, distinct questions about recharging my Droid Incredible:

1. Does it hurt the phone/battery to pull the phone off of recharge and commence using it before it has fully recharged, i.e., while the red light is still on?

2. Does it hurt the phone/battery to begin recharging it while the light is still green, i.e., before it drops below the 20% power level?

3. Does it hurt the phone/battery to begin recharging the phone when you go to bed and leaving it on recharge all night? I understand it will not hurt the phone/battery to do this because the recharging stops automatically once the phone has been fully charged. True?

None of those will hurt the battery at all. I have done all of those with no effect. But if the red light is on then the battery will die very soon so while it doesn't do any damage there isn't much of a charge left for you.