unwanted landscape orientation

jacitron

Reaction score
Since the recent update to 2.2 on my original Motorola Droid, the orientation keeps shifting to landscape mode. Doesn't matter how I hold the phone. Checked the forums and learned about the keyboard. Sliding the keyboard changes the orientation WITHIN landscape mode from one side to the other, but doesn't consistently get me back to portrait. When rotating the phone in my hand works at all, there's a lag time of 2 seconds. Is this now how the thing is supposed to work? Is this considered an improvement?

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Landscape to portrait has always been buggy, even rooted and OC'd. I have found the more perpendicular you can hold your phone, the easier it will switch to portrait. It would be nice to have an option of when to "allow" portrait mode (gallery, browser, keyboard only), but I dont know if thats ever going to be an option.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
CyanogenMod 6 has an option to turn off any rotation you want. I don't know about the other ROMs.

That means you'd have to root, though. There may be an app in the market that lets you do it stock, but I'm unaware of any like that.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Calibrate the compass......