Landscape orientation with a dock?

Steve H

Reaction score
If you are using a desk top cradle to set your phone in while charging how do you get the phone to go into "landscape mode"? I have the orientation set for "automatic" in settings but the home screen and the "locked" screen stay in portrait mode.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are using a desk top cradle to set your phone in while charging how do you get the phone to go into "landscape mode"? I have the orientation set for "automatic" in settings but the home screen and the "locked" screen stay in portrait mode.

The home screen (on the stock ROM) will NOT rotate into landscape mode unless the keyboard is opened or the device is on a 'media' dock'. The dock must have a magnet in it to trigger the landscape mode (as well as the docking mode). Some cooked ROMs have the ability to landscape the home screen (i.e. follow orientation) as do most 'Home Screen Replacements' (e.g. Home++ and SweeterHome).

OP
Steve H

Steve H

Reaction score

The home screen (on the stock ROM) will NOT rotate into landscape mode unless the keyboard is opened or the device is on a 'media' dock'. The dock must have a magnet in it to trigger the landscape mode (as well as the docking mode). Some cooked ROMs have the ability to landscape the home screen (i.e. follow orientation) as do most 'Home Screen Replacements' (e.g. Home++ and SweeterHome).

Thanks for the info