Unwanted Apps

navigator

Reaction score
I noticed after my 2.1 upgrade that a new app appeared on my touchscreen that I did not download. When I click on it, it gives a "close" or "accept" option.

I am not worried about as it is a legitimate app. It's called google goggles. But I would like to learn how to delete it without installing. It does not appear under Settings...Applications...Manage Applications which also leads me to believe it is not installed but somehow downloaded.

I am not worried about this app, but would like to know how if anything "strange" appears.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I noticed after my 2.1 upgrade that a new app appeared on my touchscreen that I did not download. When I click on it, it gives a "close" or "accept" option.

I am not worried about as it is a legitimate app. It's called google goggles. But I would like to learn how to delete it without installing. It does not appear under Settings...Applications...Manage Applications which also leads me to believe it is not installed but somehow downloaded.

I am not worried about this app, but would like to know how if anything "strange" appears.

it comes stock with 2.1 - one of googles apps

i dont think theres a way to get rid of it unless you root

myriad46

Reaction score

Did it show up on your Home screen? If so, I imagine, during the upgrade, if there was room left, they might have snuck it on there to let you know that you had it. You can get rid of the icon on your home screen, like any other. It will then only be in your lauch tray.

jgumphress

Reaction score
It's a pretty cool app. Go ahead and accept it and go through the set up. You can actually take a picture and Google will try to locate what you shot and bring up the info. Technology, gotta love it.

keenish27

Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first time trying to Sorcery. I like what I am seeing so far but there are many apps that I don't want/need pre-installed. How can I remove these. I'm referring to applications like IHear or Airmail.

Thanks

keenish27

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I ended up using root explorer (forgot I had it). All is right in the world now.

Thanks again!

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well we recommend leaving airmail that's the reciever for our push notifications. We send push notifications out when we update something or any other info u guys need to get. Basically we can send messages that will appear in ur pull down and then u will know right away when we've made a small update.

For instance I updated the blacked out theme today and sent out a push everyone who registered for push in our settings received the message instantly.

We are going to be updating the settings soon to include an option to remove ihear as well.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

keenish27

Reaction score
Well we recommend leaving airmail that's the reciever for our push notifications. We send push notifications out when we update something or any other info u guys need to get. Basically we can send messages that will appear in ur pull down and then u will know right away when we've made a small update.

For instance I updated the blacked out theme today and sent out a push everyone who registered for push in our settings received the message instantly.

We are going to be updating the settings soon to include an option to remove ihear as well.

Ahhh okay. Is there any easy way to reinstall it? Or do I need to flash the rom again?

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Wait... keenish, check to make sure on the airmail.
that is how push notifications are sent by the developers.
Ask eagle or Gflam first if you have to put it back on the phone or not.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea open up settings and go into sourcery magic and then select the push notifications option it will then open up the push app for sourcery which should prompt u to get airmail if not just download it from the market if u run into any problems send me a pm

Mossback

Reaction score
How do i get rid of all the unwanted Apps that come preinstalled on my Bionic? I don't need a Blockbuster App.....who does?

What Apps are definite keeps tha tare pre-installed?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Root it and install something like titanium backup to freeze it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

iiiwildfireiii

Reaction score
Well, you're on a technical forum, so you might want to pick up a dictionary. What kind of response were you hoping for? Most of us don't include answers written in purple crayon. Also, search! Learn to love it because you're going to be needing it.

I'll give you a freebie this time: to Root a phone means you need full access over it. In other words, you can't remove those unwanted apps without taking full control over your Bionic.

Now, go read the forums, because all the answers ye seek art contained within!