Program on My Apps but not under Applications

micromatikal

Reaction score
I just moved from a Droid 2 to a Droid X and am loving it. However when I moved over it appears 4 of my applications didn't install correctly or something. They are listed under "My Apps" in the marketplace, but when I try to download / install them it says "Installation Error 18". I have tried to remove them but they aren't even installed anywhere on the phone.

If I go to settings then applications, they aren't listed anywhere on the list. How can I remove them from My Apps so I can download and install them again? Do I need to delete something off my SD card?

Thanks much!

Tim

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Yea thats a issue for a lot of people every now and then...it has nothing to do with the app itself and it's data....you can go in settings and clear cash and data from the market and if that doesn't work plug your phone up USB to comp and delete the folder .android_secure off the sd card, it will delete some of your apps when you do this but thats the only way I could get it to fix mine after that it shouldn't do it again

OP
M

micromatikal

Reaction score
Awesome, it did seem to work after deleting the .android_secure as suggested. I did try cache and data clearing first with no luck.

Thanks for your help!

Tim

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Yes deleting that folder will work every time.....you get that bc an app you downloaded just downloaded wrong onto your devise and it messed up the file and wouldn't allow things to be downloaded but your all good now download away sir