Unsync Facebook contacts

Stiffler

Reaction score
The other day I bought a Droid2. My salesman took my phone and asked what my facebook info was. He messed with some stuff to "get me started" and ended up syncing all of my facebook friends to my contacts. I dont want my facebook friends cluttering up my contacts how to i remove them. Every help forum I have found gives me instructions for other phones and not the Droid 2. Can someone help me out?

lukehasaphone

Reaction score
yes that happened to me too.. there is a way. go to the picture of the guys head at bottom right of screen (contacts) , then hit the bottom left button (4 windows icon), then go to "more" , then to " manage accounts".. select and delete face book..

JLB09

Reaction score
The other day I bought a Droid2. My salesman took my phone and asked what my facebook info was. He messed with some stuff to "get me started" and ended up syncing all of my facebook friends to my contacts. I dont want my facebook friends cluttering up my contacts how to i remove them. Every help forum I have found gives me instructions for other phones and not the Droid 2. Can someone help me out?

this happened to my son. All of a sudden he has over 500 Contacts and he only wanted about 100 or so that were on his Blackberry. he did not tell anybody anything nor even launch Facebook on his Droid2 they were suddenly just there and he is not happy because he does not have the time to even delete the 400 plus contacts. Why would this happen and is there any quick way to delete?

ugly_guitar_guy

Reaction score
Is there a way to remove just some of the facebook/twitter contacts that have sync'd to my phone? I don't mind having that info linked to the people that I want in my phone, but if there's a person that I don't want on my phone can i remove them from my contacts without removing them from facebook/twitter too??

Pandemic187

Reaction score
Just open the Social Networking app, long-press on your Facebook or Twitter account, and remove it.

ugly_guitar_guy

Reaction score
Actually, I figured out that by going to the "Contacts" section and clicking on the bar that says "Contacts: All Contacts" a menu popped up and I selected "Phone Contacts" and VOILA!! all of my facebook/twitter contacts were sorted away and all that showed were people that I actually had a number for. That's exactly what I wanted! :D

JLB09

Reaction score
Actually, I figured out that by going to the "Contacts" section and clicking on the bar that says "Contacts: All Contacts" a menu popped up and I selected "Phone Contacts" and VOILA!! all of my facebook/twitter contacts were sorted away and all that showed were people that I actually had a number for. That's exactly what I wanted! :D

It worked!! My son is so happy. He really has not had the time to even check out this forum and having 500 contacts was driving him crazy!!

Reaction score
so is there a way to get there fb picture of contacts u want and get rid of all the other contacts u dont want?

Mdelisle25

Reaction score
yeah go to the contact and then, press that settings button. there will be the bar that pops up and says link contact, you press that and you can choose someone from your facebook to link it to, giving you all the facebook info in the contact

Reaction score
Ok so do I have to add facebook to social networking because right now I just have the application

Mdelisle25

Reaction score
lets see how i did it was to go to my accounts and add that as one. and it added all the facebook stuff.