Unstable Wifi and Carrier Signal

Shibbey

Reaction score
MANY gingerbread phones have reported signal issues. The DX being one of the worst. The recently released 602 update was supposed to fix the issue with an updated baseband. However, I am still having problems with random wifi and signal loss. usually without the lost signal icon. The phone simply stops exchanging any data. As if in airplane mode but no indication of it. Although it does seem better, it is still not "fixed" for me.

Anyone else still have this problem?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

radiodispatchguy

Reaction score
I've had the exact same problems since the upgrade to GB. Whenever I see the 3G or wi-fi symbols turn white, I know it's about to go crazy again. This is at least a twice daily occurrence. Nothing but a good battery pull will work. And even then, the fix is only temporary.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

CP6608

Reaction score
I have the same problems. I am going to sbf back to froyo and just run a froyo based rom because I NEVER had these problems until I jumped up to GB. I would be able to consistently pull 15 Mbps downloads on speedtest with my home wifi. Now I can barely get above 4. I also lose 3g and Wifi all the time. I am just going to go back to froyo. Nothing seems to fix it.

sapientmonkey

Reaction score
I recently updated to TBH rooted .602 and am only now experiencing 3g and wifi signal loss. never before with .596 TBH but now its all the time. I do have the new 13 radio band too. any thoughts or fixes? anybody?

trshb

Reaction score
I noticed I began having this problem much more frequently ever since they did the patch update to fix the gingerbread problems.

trshb

Reaction score
How do you check to see if you're on the 13 band?

radiodispatchguy

Reaction score
Recent refurb model has solved the wifi and 00:00:00 call errors. Something I did notice, however, after reinstalling the app "What's App," I was unfortunately able to reproduce all of the original problems. Thankfully, a quick removal of the app solved the issue. Uncertain if this particular app might be causing other folks similar DX + GB woes.