UNROOTED freezing and auto rebooting problems

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
I would say that you should call Verizon for a replacement. It could be faulty. These phones can be very finicky. I would have the occasional reboot issues but since I am rooted I used that to increase my free mem. And have not had an issue since. The crappy thing about the bloat they put on these phones is that you can't turn them off. I.e. Blockbuster app runs wether you have ever used it or not. Some seem to manage it fine, some do not .

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

William_04_x

Reaction score
The problem continues, but only having to pull the battery 3 or 4 times a day. I've uninstalled all apps I can, except superbox and droid forums.

Any changes for you, jaketino?

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
The problem continues, but only having to pull the battery 3 or 4 times a day. I've uninstalled all apps I can, except superbox and droid forums.

Any changes for you, jaketino?

I know you said you don't want to sbf, but it may be the next best move. I suggested it to someone else who posted with this same issue. He is going to do the sbf so I will let you know how it works out for him. Have you downloaded blackmarket apps from applanet, mobiles24 or someplace similar. I have heard some stories of peoples phones bugging out after useing those sites/apps. Just brainstorming, like I've said before I have never had these issues. I bought my d2g in december and had it rooted and running liberty 1.5 within a week or so. Stock was very dissapointing/buggy for a phone that I had paid $300 for.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

William_04_x

Reaction score
I've only DL'd well reviewed apps from the market. I have to get my pictures off before I sbf. Thanks for the replies.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Sbf will not effect anything on you sd card. If you mobe your pics, apps and music to sd card it will be ok. The sbf will format your phone to out of the box settings. I would suggest you use the 2.29 version then update via update options in settings.

William_04_x

Reaction score
Using the superbox file manager I see pics and music are already on SD. Where is the reset/sbf/kill button?I can't find it now.
On edit: I see it's not just a button push to sbf. I'm just dumb button pusher.

William_04_x

Reaction score
On edit: Found SMS backup to save text messages.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Using the superbox file manager I see pics and music are already on SD. Where is the reset/sbf/kill button?I can't find it now.
On edit: I see it's not just a button push to sbf. I'm just dumb button pusher.

Lol. You will need to download some stuff on your home pc to do the sbf. Just google it "droid 2 global spf" i believe the first link will have everything you need. Make sure you plug your phone in and let your pc download the drivers.

EOK1335

Reaction score
its only my own guess but I think most of my auto-reboots are due to low 3g signal. I have around 1 reboot per 2 day

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

William_04_x

Reaction score
Sunday I called VZW. Went through and wiped the phone, and left the SD card out of it. Still locked up 3 times Monday. I reformatted the SD card and only loaded pics and music files. Phoned locked up a few more times today. Called and they're sending a refurb.

Also FWIW, level 2 tech guy said Lookout Mobile Security app, or files it left after uninstall, could be cause of problem. I still had problem after factory wipe/reset with no SD card installed. Also said having too many apps could cause this problem. I might have had 2 dozen, which were mostly games. He suggested no more than 4. WTF

William_04_x

Reaction score
I locked up again after that last post. It's gonna fight to the bitter end.LOL

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Thats some solid BS. The D2g has an exellent processor. It is the blur that bogs down these phones. Right now i am useing cm7 which is by far the buggyest rom for the d2g and i can switch between 3-4 apps with ease. G-mail to calculator, check my text. Download a pic from said text and back to gmail to send the pic. No random reboots. No force closes. No freezing. Cant do that with stock.

oldblackcrow

Reaction score
Speaking of freezing apps, does anyone know what "droid eye" is and can it be frozen without negative consequence? Thanks!

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Speaking of freezing apps, does anyone know what "droid eye" is and can it be frozen without negative consequence? Thanks!

That could be the boot image or a live wallpaper. You may want to stay clear of that one. There is a flashable zip in the d2g hacks section under stickys that will safely remove all the bloatware. Then to restore it you can just reflash it

Byakushiki

Reaction score
CM has its kinks, it did shut down out of nowhere a couple times on me. Much better than stock, that's for sure, that thing rebooted on stock 2.2 at least twice a day. CM is our own mostly "bugless beast" :laugh: of a rom.