unroot problem. Droid 1 will not activate

MontyMo

Reaction score
I just un-root my phone.

When I reboot it I am prompted to Activate my phone. I make the call and follow the prompts. THe call reports that my phone is "programed" A message appears on the phone that it may take 15 minutes b/4 my phone is active. I have waited much longer than 15 minutes and... nothing. I am returned to the "Welcome to Droid" screen being prompted to "Touch the Android to begin" When I to that I am at the Activate screen again.

At this point I can skip the Activation screen,but then I cannot make phone calls etc.

I have reinstalled update.zip a couple of times with no luck.

Any suggestions???

Thanks
Monty

I un-rooted using the following instructions:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...ck-2-2-without-sbf-rsd-lite-droid-1-only.html

CLOCKWORK RECOVERY
The biggest plus of Clockwork Recovery is that you do not have to name everything "update.zip". So, if you have placed the file on the root of your SD Card and named it to update.zip, then you're fine. (Make sure you can see file extensions in Windows [or whatever OS] in order that you don't accidentally name the file update.zip.zip.) If you've placed it on the root of your SD Card and have not renamed it, that's fine as well.
Power down your phone
Open your keyboard, hold down the 'x' key, and power on your phone while holding the 'x' key.
You should now see the Clockwork Recovery menu (see description above to verify). You can now close your keyboard if you want. You navigate Clockwork the exact same as SPRecovery (volume rocker to move, camera button to select, power to go back) except for one thing - you do a full press of the camera button to select, not just a light press.
If you want to wipe your phone completely clean (I highly recommend, especially if you're returning your phone), choose "wipe cache partition", then "Yes - wipe cache", let it run, then choose "wipe data/factory reset" which will take you to a second window where you choose "yes -- delete all user data"... choose that, and let it run. This will wipe your phone of any apps and data associated with those apps that is not saved on the SD Card.
Because Clockwork does not require files to be named "update.zip" to install, at this point you have two ways of installing the file:
First, if the file is titled "update.zip", you can choose "apply sdcard:update.zip", then "Yes - install /sdcard/update.zip", and the file should install. Once it's done, reboot, and you should be sitting at the "Touch Android to Begin" menu with a pure stock 2.2 Droid.
Second, if the file is not named update.zip (or if it is, this way works as well), choose "install zip from sdcard", then "choose zip from sdcard", then you should see a listing of the directories and files on the root of your SD Card. Simply find the correct .zip file and select it, then select "Yes - install ****.zip". Once it's done, reboot, and you should be sitting at the "Touch Android to Begin" menu with a pure stock 2.2 Droid.
Both of those methods will install stock FRG22D as well as stock recovery, the latest baseband, and bootloader 2C.7C.​

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That is the right link, Did you wipe Data/Cache before installing?

If it's still a no go after wiping, try link 2 in my sig to unroot

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
First try manual activation (I'll try to find the instructions). Then call Verizon and have them walk you through it. Worst case scenario, you can flash back to stock with an SBF and start all over again.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I like Tallica's strategy of reflashing, making sure you wipe data and cache. If that doesnt fly, manually activate:

Go to phone mode

dial ##PROGRAM (##7764726) hit Send (CALL BUTTON)

put in the SPC code which "000000" (six zero) press VERIFY

Next screen, Go to selection "01 User Activation"

Replace the MIN number with the MIN number that you get from PP.

Replace the MDN number with your new PP phone number that you get from PP.

Exit and your Phone will restart automatically.

OP
MontyMo

MontyMo

Reaction score
LtKen
I'm a bit confused, what is "PP"
Thanks
Monty

Yeah, I like Tallica's strategy of reflashing, making sure you wipe data and cache. If that doesnt fly, manually activate:

Go to phone mode

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
PP is the provider from which I got these instructions. Substitute PP for VZW -- Your MIN is your 10-digit phone number.

My bad for not editing the directions properly.

OP
MontyMo

MontyMo

Reaction score
Thanks so much LtKen. IT works like new :)
Monty

PP is the provider from which I got these instructions. Substitute PP for VZW -- Your MIN is your 10-digit phone number.

My bad for not editing the directions properly.

fostytou

Reaction score

Go to phone mode

I was bashing my head against the wall trying to reprogram a borked phone that wouldn't get past the "welcome to droid" screen. Thanks so much for this, it fixed it!

KaptinkrunK

Reaction score
thank yoU!!!

you helped me more than you know, i bought a droid like a year ago, didnt get insurance and cracked the screen tried replacing it myself and f-d 2 of the ribbons, bought a 'BAD ESN' droid off ebay, for parts. well i really messed my phone up before i got it in the mail, ended up activating it. rooted it and then something happened idk what but it wouldnt activate, then i found this post and ya it helped BUNCHES

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Go to phone mode