help..installing liberty..

zappx

Reaction score
i go thru the steps but when i hit step 9 it starts then stops and reads E:cant open/sdcard/liberty x-1.5.zip (bad)..ive deleted it from sd card and reloaded from different site and retried..any ideas

1. z4root
2. droidx bootstrap
3. Open the DX Bootstrap and “boostrap” the recovery.
4. When that finishes, “reboot recovery.”
5. Once your phone boots to Clockwork Recovery, scroll down to “backup and restore.”
6. Choose “backup” to make a clean backup of your phone.
7. After that choose “wipe data/factory reset” to wipe your phone.
8. When that finishes choose “install zip from SD card.”
9. Then “choose zip from SD card” and find the LibertyX-1.5.zip, select it and hit “yes.”
10. Your phone will apply the ROM. When it finishes, reboot and enjoy!

OP
Z

zappx

Reaction score
yes.from the sticky above. clicked on dx and downloaded from froyoroms.com..

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have to ask....have you tried SD rescan? or a different SD CARD. I am wondering if there is a problem with the SD card you have. Check it out. I think it's free in the market. Worth a shot.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
you can also try copying the data off your card....format your card....copy data back on and try again. Might want to redownload Liberty too.....just in case it's corrupted.

mikey4226

Reaction score
You can also try downloading the .zip file on your pc and copying it over to your sdcard. I had that same error, but exactly the opposite problem. I first tried dl'ing to my pc and then copying over to sd and got the error. Then, I tried dl'ing directly to the sdcard (left it in the original download location) and the installation went perfect. See if that helps.

OP
Z

zappx

Reaction score
did sdrescan..took sd card out put in comp. copied files then formated card,put files back on, downloaded zip straight to card then put card back in phone went back thru steps same error..

OP
Z

zappx

Reaction score
got it !!..i changed computers..dont know if this is what did it or it just finally loaded .