UNROOT before in store exchange of MOTO Droid?

dfalcon217

Reaction score
Few days now incoming or outgoing calls I cannot hear much from the other caller. Landline, cellphone, automated doesn't matter. I can barely make out what the other person is saying. Sounds far away and muffled.

Phones well within the 1 year warranty so I'm gonna just go in and swap it out. Question is should I unroot or anything before I let one of those Verizon sales persons get their hands on it?

Thanks

MotoDroid
Rooted 2.1
Bug Beast V1.0

Cloppy

Reaction score
you can use the SBF files and return to stock that way. Use the 2.0 or 2.1 real sbf and not the rooted one. Im not sure if they are able to detect if you rooted or not after that but its worth a try, it might fix your problem. if not you should try and just get a replacement

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
cleaned up thread.......

Keep things ethical guys. Suggesting or asking about ways to scam a company out of new hardware is not supported on these forums.

Thank you

killxp

Reaction score
congress passed that law that rooted/jailbroken phones are owned by the user and therefor any modifications can be made to it

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
It's legal but it still voids the warranty so he would still need it back to stock.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
D

dfalcon217

Reaction score
OK so I unrooted but its a different build number. I went all the way to 2.0.1. Hopefully ill be alright. Well see how close they look.

movadoevo8

Reaction score
How do i set it back to stock? I have a DROID X and my wife kept my Rooted Motorola Droid. I would like to put it back to stock since Froyo is scheduled to come out this week and while its rooted it won't allow her to get the automatic update. Thank you.

OP
D

dfalcon217

Reaction score
Unrooted back to 2.0.1 different build though. They looked at it and sent me out a refurb no questions asked. Now I have a refurbed 2.1 update 1 and can hear people speak once again.

R-Type

Reaction score
Do you have to bring in your receipt to get the warranty exchange? I have insurance on my phone but if I can avoid the deductible it would be ideal.

I have been having people tell me they can barely hear me in the last couple weeks as well. Since it started having phantom touch issues as well it is time to swap for sure.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
No receipt needed, they can look it up in the system. Plus, it's a one year warranty I believe and the phone hasn't been out for more than a year yet so I doubt you'll have any problems.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk