Droid 2 r2d2 + exchange sync

hellmonkey

Reaction score
Hi all. I just got a d2 r2d2 today and i am trying to sync with my works exchange server. I have done this before on plenty of other phones, but never an adroid. My personal emails are working just fine, but I cannot get my workin email working. I went into corporate sync, put in all of my account info, and it says successful, but nothing happens. After 2 minutes or so, I get a message saying connection error, but there is no error number or details.

I noticed that the d2 r2d2 runs 2.2 instead of 2.3. Is this the reason? Has anyone gotten copr sync to work on a factory r2d2? Id rather not root yet since the phone is only 12 hours old. If I did, does copr sync come with custom ROMs?

I did download and setup touchdown, but that is not working either.

TheRealKrobar

Reaction score
Sounds like maybe you're not on the active sync group in exchange. I'd check with your IT to make sure that you're set up ok on that end if it's not working in both touchdown AND the native OS. Corporate Sync does not come on custom roms at this time. They do have "exchange" but it's rejected by my companies exchange server as not being secure enough, I suspect it's something to do with forcing a pin/password to access the device but I'm not certain. I'm running Touchdown on the Liberty 1.5 custom ROM on a regular D2 and have had no issues with it connecting.

negropy

Reaction score
I have an R2 and have no problems with it syncing. It works just fine. Talk to your IT department and ask them for all the info, such as domain etc. To make sure everything looks good. Another option is to go to outlook webaccess to get the connection info

Sent from my R2D2

OP
hellmonkey

hellmonkey

Reaction score
Sounds like maybe you're not on the active sync group in exchange. I'd check with your IT to make sure that you're set up ok on that end if it's not working in both touchdown AND the native OS. Corporate Sync does not come on custom roms at this time. They do have "exchange" but it's rejected by my companies exchange server as not being secure enough, I suspect it's something to do with forcing a pin/password to access the device but I'm not certain. I'm running Touchdown on the Liberty 1.5 custom ROM on a regular D2 and have had no issues with it connecting.

I got touchdown to work last night after playing with it some more. If I cant get corp sync to work, I will just buy touchdown. I am my works IT and we leave active sync and mobile devices on by default. We have a lot of users with Blackberries issued by us, or others with personal phones that want access to email.

TheRealKrobar

Reaction score
Honestly I'm very happy with Touchdown so far, I'm still in my trial period, but it works great. I know that Corporate Sync is kinda glitchy at times, but we do have a lot of people using it successfully on D2's, DX's, and DPro's. I'm at a Fortune 20 company and am the primary initial contact person for people switching from the company provided Blackberries to their personal phones, so I've had to help the gamut of device types. Having said that, the Pro's never seem to work right the first time and if you goof on any of the settings on the others they can be hard to figure out where you went wrong.

Most commonly I've seen our mobile team remove the account on the device and set it up again, not sure if you've done that but hey, give it a try again can't hurt, right? lol