No Contacts with Exchange Sync

darfnader

Reaction score
I just got a Droid 2 today and have set up sync with gmail then Facebook and finally MS Exchange (Corporate Sync). The problem is that all of my contact data is all under Exchange but none of it seems to be syncing even though it is configured to do so. Frustrating. Is this a known issue? If the issue was the order in which I set up accounts, how should I start from a clean slate to try this all again, but this time, with feeling? :icon_eek:

ZPrime

Reaction score
Known bug, has been reported to motorola. The version 2.2.20 that was recently released is supposed to fix this, but I can't confirm as I currently won't use Corp Sync due to the PIN-code bug.

tobytl

Reaction score
I think it's fixed, that or it didn't affect everyone. My mom's syncs exchange contacts just fine... A little too fine. She turned it off, waaaay too many contacts....

ZPrime

Reaction score
"too many?" All it does is sync her own address book, so if she's getting too many people maybe she needs to trim back her contact list? :)

Although, if she is using Outlook 2010 at work, it has a "feature" called suggested contacts that really sucks. If this is turned on, Corp Sync will pull in these random useless contacts with just an e-mail address and bad names. Fix is to Disable the option in Outlook, go to the "Suggested Contacts" address book and nuke everyone, and then whenever the phone syncs again it should figure it out.

tobytl

Reaction score
"too many?" All it does is sync her own address book, so if she's getting too many people maybe she needs to trim back her contact list? :)

She works for a local government jurisdiction. Her contacts list is literally everyone who works for the county/city/state, and she's locked out of changing it by their IT staff... (don't get me started on how backward their IT department is... I usually end up fixing their systems as they spend 4 hours looking at a system and just end up re-imaging it anyway for something that takes 2 minutes to fix... It's like the government version of Geek Squad, except the Geek Squad occasionally has someone who knows what they're doing...)

EDIT: Oh, and they're still using 2000...backward...

Last edited:

tommyp6

Reaction score
thanks. I have updated my Droid 2 to 2.2.20, shut off "suggested contacts" and then deleted all of the suggested contacts. I use Outlook 2010 to an Exchange Server. So far, no improvement. All of the useless contacts are still jammed into my contacts.

UPDATE: I just needed to be patient. The above actions cleaned up my contacts and has them matching what I have in Outlook 2010. There is a "details" page in Outlook where you can list the name of a spouse and an anniversary date and so forth. Unfortunately, that is not picked up in the Droid 2 contacts. It comes in handy during a business dinner when I forget the spouse's name of an important client. Oh well.

Last edited: