Unroot/Back to Stock (2.2) Without .sbf or RSD Lite - Droid 1 Only

fullthrottle

Reaction score
yup.. I deleted it and put it back on the sd card a few times and tried but still same message. Btw a lil backround is I flashed the stock 2.2 image from ROM manager before about a week back but it never got rid of the superuser icon so this is why im trying this method
EDIT: and I tried running all the rooted apps like drocap and setcpu but none worked so im assuming I dont have root but the superuser wont go away

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
yup.. I deleted it and put it back on the sd card a few times and tried but still same message. Btw a lil backround is I flashed the stock 2.2 image from ROM manager before about a week back but it never got rid of the superuser icon so this is why im trying this method
EDIT: and I tried running all the rooted apps like drocap and setcpu but none worked so im assuming I dont have root but the superuser wont go away

Are you doing this all on your phone or using windows? I'm just trying to figure out if the only place you have viewed / renamed the file is in something like Astro or another file manager on your phone.

EDIT: If it's all on your phone, and you're viewing in Astro, when you see it in the list of files/directories on the root of your SD card in Astro (or whatever), does it say "update.zip" or simply "update" ?

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nice write up, this is now stuck.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
jntdroid, I guess great minds think alike. I was formulating this very guide last week, but getting my server and guides restored was first on my mind. Now that that's done I started last night to edit/rewrite my unroot guide on my site and was going to do it with these exact steps, i.e. using all three of the different recoveries.

good job.

p.s., though could you spell my user name correctly, please?? hehehe . . . .

Last edited:

warrior21

Reaction score
Sent my wifes phone back to Verizon today and this worked perfectly.

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

Did you ever have any luck?

OP
jntdroid

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
jntdroid, I guess great minds think alike. I was formulating this very guide last week, but getting my server and guides restored was first on my mind. Now that that's done I started last night to edit/rewrite my unroot guide on my site and was going to do it with these exact steps, i.e. using all three of the different recoveries.

good job.

p.s., though could you spell my user name correctly, please?? hehehe . . . .

Fixed the typo, sorry about that! The funny thing is I made a conscious effort to double check before I put it in there... and I still messed it up. :)

Knowing you had a more thorough tutorial already, I probably should've asked you about it anyway and we could've possibly collaborated, but I just didn't think about it. Sorry about that - didn't want to steal anybody's thunder (I know you're not saying I did). I've seen your stuff in a couple of Motocache's threads, as well as your own tutorial, so I know for a fact your level of knowledge is way above mine anyway!

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Thank you very much for the compliment. And you're right I didn't think you were stealing my thunder, much . . . hehehehe just kidding. You did after all link my thread, and thanks again for that as well.

I really just thought it interesting how the same basic outline for a guide came to two people. I was going in the same order, stock, SPR, and CWR recoveries. Made me re-write mine with stock recovery last. It'll be on my site only as it would definately be redundant to post mine here. It'll be linked in my sig after I get done proofreading it. Oh, but mine doesn't have the pictures, so you get all the kudo's for that (via MotoCache1).

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know other people have verified this works but I can add to that list. Used this method today to return my droid 1 and it worked with zero problems. Took all of 5 minutes maybe. Thanks for the awesome write up.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Simple. Easy. Perfect.

Thank you very much for this, I applied themes and graphic packages that I didn't know and couldn't find how to uninstall, so I decided to start all over (from stock by taking out root). This should be what is stickied everywhere, because the other guide (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/37717-unroot-unbrick-using-sbf-post-ikithme.html) had a lot of people who were having problems wit hit, and made me have second thoughts about using their guide. Thanks again!

atico

Reaction score
Thank you, I was planning to root my phone but I was not sure if I could if need be to go back to stock. I read other guides but this is the most simple way to do it. Now I can root!!!! dancedroid

dstreng

Reaction score
overclock kernel

If we r running an overclock kernel, using Clockwork, will this reset me back to the original stock kernel?