Unoffical Bionis vs Thunderbolt

wooddale

Reaction score
I have both a Bionic and Thunderbolt. Both are curently on wifi because I had issues with sim card and have to wait for new one. I am in Wisconsin 40 miles from nearest store so I had them ship me one. Anyway had them right next to one another the Bionic beat the Thunderbolt every time hitting different apps together not by much but every time. Quadrant Bionic was 2100 TB was 1500 doesnt seem right that it should be that much but it was. Xtremlab Speed both were pretty close at 850.00 download remember Im on wifi only running off a network extender in an extended service area. Upload different story TB was at 2000.00 Bionic was 5000.00. The TB is rooted BAMF2.4 stock kernel Bionic is stock cause I may have to bring to activate because of my location. The Bionic seemed and was just a bit snappier. Oh and they were both on LP so they were exactly even. So all in all there was a difference between the two. But howmuch could you expect. Ill post again when I get service and let you know difference on 3G and 4G.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I still would not trade my thunderbolt for a bionic.

This feels better, more solid device, and better screen.

OP
wooddale

wooddale

Reaction score
I still would not trade my thunderbolt for a bionic.

This feels better, more solid device, and better screen.

Like I said there was not that big of a difference. But I will wait until I get activated before I make a decision.

mdroid2g

Reaction score
Even though I like the look and feel of the thunderbolt better I am happy I made the switch.
I don't notice much of a difference between the screens, but I think thunderbolt might have a better one only because the bionics is a bit pixely.
I liked the silly chrome speaker grill of the thunderbolt and the feel in your hand, but the bionic it works and functions so much better than the thunderbolt.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I had my bionic in direct sunlight today and it was readable. Never has my TB done that. I'll take a "Grainy" screen that I can read in any light over a over-enhanced with colors screen.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I had my bionic in direct sunlight today and it was readable. Never has my TB done that. I'll take a "Grainy" screen that I can read in any light over a over-enhanced with colors screen.

I've used my phone in direct sunlight about 3 times and have had trouble reading my phone five times maximum. And I just turned up brightness and could see again.

The screen is better. I'm not talking about the screen in different weather conditions. Overall, the thunderbolt is a better screen. Idk what over enhanced means but nothing about this screen is "over" anything. I use my phone 99% of the time in normal lighting.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I've used my phone in direct sunlight about 3 times and have had trouble reading my phone five times maximum. And I just turned up brightness and could see again.

The screen is better. I'm not talking about the screen in different weather conditions. Overall, the thunderbolt is a better screen. Idk what over enhanced means but nothing about this screen is "over" anything. I use my phone 99% of the time in normal lighting.
The TB's screen is over-saturated. It's unnatural in colors. Never cared for it.

alboboy10

Reaction score
The TB's screen is over-saturated. It's unnatural in colors. Never cared for it.

First time I ever heard that. But definitely not the first time I heard of people complaining about the bionic screen.

thunderbolt battery = bionic screen.
Both known for being bad. But with the battery issue u can fix it with root and big battery.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
so your insight=a dual core phone is faster then a phone that was created in 2010.......

thanks dude.

phillyphill39

Reaction score
My thunderbolt is collecting dust now. The bionic to me is so much better. The screen, speed and battery life. Oh yeah and the 1080p recording.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
Using my Thunderbolt to take pictures of my Bionic these days. I dont miss the TB one bit. I had a DX before the TB and I never got used to the TB and how HTC did things. With the Bionic, I feel like Im back with a familiar device..

Not too mention the Bionic is running Gingerbread, is blazingly fast, has a better display, 1GB RAM, does webtop, HDMI mirroring, Zumocast, etc, etc

M

Mullensbb

well lets think about this....if an item is truly a superior product in comparison to another, i don't have to present a great argument. the item presents it through itself....

opinions are awesome most of the time, except when they are false.

no he may prefer the TB, but it is not a better device.

But.. if i must. Moto has been known for quality built, solid devices. Think about the og droid, droix X and X2.
why
The screen is NOT as bad a people are hearing or complaining about. Its has a slightly blue tint But only when the screen brightness is turned really low. It comes set low and thats probably why people were mentioning it at first. other than that the screen has recieved

mdroid2g

Reaction score
Hey philly, wanna sell that dust thunderlemon?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums