Unlocking

Actuallee

Reaction score
Is there any downside or regret to unlocking? I just want to make sure before I do it. I want to get the 4.0.4 leak

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Not sure what you mean by downside or regret. It does wipe your phone completely including any pics or music you have stored on there so you would need to back up everything or save it to your computer.

atreyu381

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by downside or regret. It does wipe your phone completely including any pics or music you have stored on there so you would need to back up everything or save it to your computer.

Is there any downside or regret to unlocking? I just want to make sure before I do it. I want to get the 4.0.4 leak

^--- this!! Just the wipe kinda sucks, but you forget about it when your crack flashing kernals;-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
A

Actuallee

Reaction score
will unlocking void my warranty? That is my only last concern.

atreyu381

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
will unlocking void my warranty? That is my only last concern.

Yes, but you can always put it back to stock and lock it back up as another member mentioned. No harm no foul

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
A

Actuallee

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I think I'll join the club now. Just looking out for my baby ;)

OP
A

Actuallee

Reaction score
Alright people. I need more assistance. So I got to the last step to unlock. I typed in the fastboot command but it just stayed on the line that said waiting for device. I thought that I followed everything right. Has anyone else experienced this?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Is the computer recognizing your phone otherwise? Gonna be honest I never even used the toolkit but I am pretty sure the drivers is where most of the issues occur. It might not be a bad idea to start the process over and give it another run through.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I actually had a similar issue, and it ended up being driver related. You probably need to force your PC to recognize the device manually. Or as mentioned above you can try to start from the beginning and see if that solves the problem, and/or try different drivers.

Prior to typing the fastboot command, you can type adb devices and see if something is listed there.

OP
A

Actuallee

Reaction score
I did type adb devices first and it did give a device, so I am wondering if it is the driver. I will review and get back

OP
A

Actuallee

Reaction score
Yeah turns out I had to go in manually and update the driver. But I got it. Thanks everyone!