Keeping phone unlocked

ObieNobie

Reaction score
On the d2g when I unlocked my phone it stayed unlocked for about 5 mins before locking again. This was extremely nice when txting. Can I set it like this on the nexus?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

robert70

Reaction score
Screen timeout setting? I'm just guessing here, I know on my x2 I have it set to never timeoit cuz I txt alot and am always trolling threw forums, so its easier if the screen is on when I pick it Back up.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
On the d2g when I unlocked my phone it stayed unlocked for about 5 mins before locking again. This was extremely nice when txting. Can I set it like this on the nexus?

Yeah, robert70 is right, this is the screen timeout setting.

Open settings > Display > Sleep > default is 30 seconds (change this to whatever you want).

Say goodbye to your battery if you go above the default 30 seconds.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Hes not talking about screen off time, hes talking about how long it takes for the lock to enable once the screen is off. From what I can see, there is no time out settings on the GNex, you can however disable the lock completely...

OP
ObieNobie

ObieNobie

Reaction score
Hes not talking about screen off time, hes talking about how long it takes for the lock to enable once the screen is off. From what I can see, there is no time out settings on the GNex, you can however disable the lock completely...

This is what I was talking about thanks. I'll just lock when around friends.

captdroid

Reaction score
I just use screebl in the market that keeps the screen awake until I either press the power button or lay the phone down.