I think I hardbricked my phone. Halp.

Hozzie

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I finally got a working USB cable so I was able to connect my phone to my computer again. I was following the superboot directions for unlocking and rooting it, all went well until I got to the part where the directions said to pull the battery after 15 mins... it didn't reboot when I put it back in. It stayed stuck on the google logo + unlocked lock screen. Even when I did "erase all data and restore to factory settings."

I went into recovery mode and tried every option, but they all inevitably lead back to the Google logo + unlocked lock screen. There is no rebooting for me. =(

Any advice? I can't seem to connect it back to my computer at this point either.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you tried booting into fast boot and connecting to your PC? You'll likely have to reflash the original software. I had to do this just the other day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
H

Hozzie

Reaction score
I can't boot into fastboot. I can't boot, period. I mean I can get to the fastboot screen, sure, but when I click start I get sent right back to the Google screen. I also have problems when I try all the options in recover mode.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't boot into fastboot. I can't boot, period. I mean I can get to the fastboot screen, sure, but when I click start I get sent right back to the Google screen. I also have problems when I try all the options in recover mode.

Well I know it won't boot to the OS, but if you can get to fast boot, you're fine. Let me get on my computer to better assist you.

OP
H

Hozzie

Reaction score
ok, sure. I dont know what reflashing means or anything btw so bare with me

OP
H

Hozzie

Reaction score
ok, thank you, hopefully this will work though I have a feeling I will be asking lots of q's

OP
H

Hozzie

Reaction score
Everytime I click on adb.exe or fastboot.exe, a command prompt comes up for one second and then disappears. I also had this issue while trying to unlock and stuff. Why would this be?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Everytime I click on adb.exe or fastboot.exe, a command prompt comes up for one second and then disappears. I also had this issue while trying to unlock and stuff. Why would this be?

You don't click on them, you need to open command prompt on your PC. In the folder with the adb.exe and fastboot.exe hold shift and right click and open command window here. Then type the necessary commands. This is very similar to the unlocking process, if you did it manually that is.

Edit: You should in theory be able to flash a recovery and use it to flash a ROM rather than flashing everything back to stock. There should be stock + rooted ROMs floating around out there if that was your overall goal. Just kinda thinking out loud here though.

OP
H

Hozzie

Reaction score
You don't click on them, you need to open command prompt on your PC. In the folder with the adb.exe and fastboot.exe hold shift and right click and open command window here. Then type the necessary commands. This is very similar to the unlocking process, if you did it manually that is.

thanks, yeah that's what i thought it was at first but for so long i was having... issues and then i restarted and that works though. of course i still can't get my computer to recognize the device. =(
Edit: You should in theory be able to flash a recovery and use it to flash a ROM rather than flashing everything back to stock. There should be stock + rooted ROMs floating around out there if that was your overall goal. Just kinda thinking out loud here though.

not sure what all this means though

OP
H

Hozzie

Reaction score
actually it got back to connecting randomly... finished all the commands successfully.... and now.... stuck on the google screen, but the little lock icon is gone, it's just the google screen

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
How long? It'll take a few minutes to boot

OP
H

Hozzie

Reaction score
now what on earth is this new bootloader screen which says, "Downloading... do not turn off target!"

:S

OP
H

Hozzie

Reaction score
ooh.... i didn't realize that.... I only waited about 30 seconds before uh.... probably shouldn't have....