unlocking the bootloader?

OP
D

denpth

Reaction score
Unlike other devices tho this has the ns option in the updates. There has to be a way to get it to install.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Unlike other devices tho this has the ns option in the updates. There has to be a way to get it to install.

He said the non-dev devices have a HS chip and the dev devices have a NS chip basically.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
All devices don't have developer counterparts. Hence some updates to devices have NS some don't.

OP
D

denpth

Reaction score
Sigh well damn. I was hoping here.

Reaction score
I have a feeling Motorola thought of this, I believe mbm is correct (he is extremely well versed on the mbm). His name is a coincidence.

Sigh well damn. I was hoping here.

Granted, I have stated before that most of this is completely over my head. So I hope you can forgive an ignorant person asking or suggesting this idea/theory/hypothesis.

Would the mbm and /proc and everything else put forth is still worth a shot? I mean by doing so might bring about a fortunate accident.

Look ar penicillin (PEN). It was discovered by accident. Before thst, who wouldda thunk that a mold would be not only life threatening, but also an essential life saver in regulated dosing? Silly Putty? Accident during a scientific experiment. I also remember my father - who has worked on computers since he too was in the Service. And he studied computers and theories and the whole 9 yards - but I remember him telling me when I was young about fortunate accidents. And he said even a lot of computer and hardware/software breakthroughs were also accidental.

After taking psychology (only 2 semesters - I in no way am certified or have a degree) and also taking related classes or correspondence stuff directly related to what I did in the service about traits and certain behavioral or thought processes in human minds characteristics.

Maybe Motorola did think about that and they implemented relevant solitions to that. Maybe they didn't think about that. But mYbe if they thought of it, maybe they weren't expecting us or anyone to make it this far. Maybe they figured what I mentioned earlier - if you want to hide something, put it in plain sight or make it easy to find. The human mind typically makes something harder or more fomplocated than it really is. Thus the saying about something being so simple, it's hard.

So certainly they could have thought about that too. And decided that we would make a mountain out of a mole hill. Maybe they hid the keys in plain sight. Maybe they also tweaked it around to make it look like something else entirely. Maybe it was a classic military type maneuver - confuse and overwhelm by deversion and deception. Who knows. But I think that it is paramount that it is at least ruled out. Or ruled out for the time being giving time to determine if it might plays a role later on.

Big and powerful peoples, governments, societies, civilizations, corporations, etc could wield the intimidation factor and seem scary. But big things like that can be taken down by something seemingly stupid, irrelevant, meaningless, weak, etc.

Not to sound like a total dork and nerd. But Star Wars (particularly Episodes V - VI ) depicted this. Theories about extraterrestrials invading out planet suggests that. Look what Vietnam did to us. We got big in our heads and got all cocky because we came off a huge (possibly lucky as hell) win in WWII - Ground/Air campaigns and Sea campaigns. Often times we were out classed in machinery and vehicles. But we were resiliant. And the rest of the world were glad to see us (Allies,) and could care less because of the attitude of us being such a young country and having no experience (aside from us being decisive for the Allies in WWI. )

The exception to this example is Japan. They respected us enough to realize that they were scared ****less attacking us. They knew that they could quite possibly be waking a "Sleeping Giant" as Omomotto stated (I beliege he is the one who said that. And apologies if I butchered his spelling.) They understood that they needed to know their enemy. But it thankfull turned out that they didn't know us quite as well as they thought.

Apologies for turning this into a history lesson. But point being, that possibly Moto doesn't quite know us as well as they would like to believe that they do.

Just my $.02 worth. I just want to keep the hope alive and the goal fresh.

*Edit - apologies for any typos. Especially if there are many. I typed this in haste while my wife was indisposed so I can continue to keep my promise to her of "no phone tonight."

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain

Last edited:

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
All I gotta say on this is if man made it, man can undo it.

ex0rcist

Reaction score
All I gotta say on this is if man made it, man can undo it.

Actually ive read with the military grade encryption they are using not even a super computer could crack it unless it ran random numbers(or "keys") on it for several years. And then it might not be possible... the key possibilities are measured in powers. Not decimals... but hey good news.. we can rent "big blue" super computer over in japan that models nuclear explosions for a slim price of 25,000 an hour. :).. that is if we schedule a year in advanced. Lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

zachdroid

Reaction score
I'm sorry for the noob question, but are we looking for a set of values, string of numbers, random digits (numeric and alphabetical)? I am unsure what to search for, which probably means that I am of no use, but I would like to know if someone has the time to lay it out for me. I appreciate what is being done here and would just like to know a little more. Thanks in advance.

Zach

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
The key is using sha1 encryption, not impossible to crack but unlikely.

ex0rcist

Reaction score
The key is using sha1 encryption, not impossible to crack but unlikely.

Isnt it nearly impossible to crack sha1? With brute force anyways?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Isnt it nearly impossible to crack sha1? With brute force anyways?

I think its like 100 years with the 2048 bit encryption, using a powerful supercomputer.

Sent from my Safestrapped, Rooted, ROM'd XT862

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Actually, some Chinese lady cracked the SHA1 algorithm recently. I don't know if the method is in the wild yet or if it's even true but it was reported in the news...

Sent from my Android device.