unlocking the bootloader?

OP
D

denpth

Reaction score
no the extent of my conversations have occured here.

B

bens42608

I know lots of u r gonna shake ur head n look down on manlike im stupid for asking such a "dumb" question but I upgraded from completely stock to. 893 n it helped alot especially increasing my batter life to like double the time. My question is, if I hadn't upgraded and now I was to go from stock to the. 894 update, what would be different? What does 894 do diffrent from 893? Is one much better than the other? Thanks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ripper2860

Reaction score
OMG!!! After reading the previous few pages in this thread, I can honestly say that I AM IN THE PRESENCE OF GENIUSES!! :hail::hail::hail:

Last edited:

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Edited out...mis-comunication on my part.

Last edited:

Shibbdroid

Reaction score
Wow you guys are amazing. Keep up the good work even if you don't get any where I respect the skills that you have. Mucho appreciation for even trying lol.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
mbm believes changing HS would not accomplish a thing, he doesn't believe this is what is actually checked during flash....I don't know but still think it may be worth a shot

ex0rcist

Reaction score
mbm believes changing HS would not accomplish a thing, he doesn't believe this is what is actually checked during flash....I don't know but still think it may be worth a shot

Hmmmm

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
D

denpth

Reaction score
Well where does mbm say the variable comes from? It is definately looked up (see my first post) when the phone applies an update. Where is motorola.omap_dev_type stored? Ill look through the source some more maybe focusing on the recovery. Do we have source for the recovery? I might have some time tonight but I am at work.

OP
D

denpth

Reaction score
So can we fake the responce in anyway? Did I just waste a bunch of time and get peoples hopes up?

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
So can we fake the responce in anyway? Did I just waste a bunch of time and get peoples hopes up?

Mbm was not 100% certain the /proc variable is not used.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I have a feeling Motorola thought of this, I believe mbm is correct (he is extremely well versed on the mbm). His name is a coincidence.