Unfortunately app stopped on multiple apps

Arwen4CJ

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
BNTV400
My friend has a Nook, and has been playing games on it fine up until Monday. Now it won’t let her play FreeCell. I tested other apps, and most others also have the same issue (Firefox, Twitter, etc.).

I receive a message that says “unfortunately app (it names it) stopped, and it goes back to the main screen.

I don’t own an Android device myself, so I am having trouble trying to fix it. I cleared the cache on every single app on her device, have force quit every single app, and turned off and on her device. None of those things have helped.

Another strange thing is that there was somehow another profile with her name on her device. She said she didn’t notice it until Monday. I thought that might be causing the issue, so I deleted the extra profile too. It didn’t help.

Not knowing what else to do, I am posting here. She is letting me borrow the device to see if I can figure out what is wrong with it.

When you reply to me, please walk me through everything, as I am not used to using androids.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the Forum! . That might be tough. Isn't the Nook the Barnes and Noble tablet that was released a while back? The Settings menu on it is probably not like standard Android at all. Is the storage full? Somewhere in the Settings should be a Storage option (or something similar) and should display how much storage space is filled up. Maybe if it's full it could cause that, maybe?

It might be time to just bite the bullet and do a full factory reset and start over. That's always a possibility

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Caesars

Reaction score
Was she using any kind of theme builder or extra overlay to make the phone more personalized (I think the popular ones are NOVA launcher or Microsoft launcher)?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk