Undoing Newbie Screw-ups

JNessle

Reaction score
I have been playing with my new Droid X and already have screwed up.

How do you remove apps from the Home screen? I have not mastered the scrolling feature when all the apps show up and have mistakenly added some to the home screen.

Is there some way to set the timing of whatever moves them to the home screen? (Sort of like adjusting the double click speed in windoes, maybe...)

Can I remove apps I will never use?

Also my home button moved to the side of my home screen from where it was on the bottom and i can't figure out how I moved it there or how to move it back (Just like accidentally moving the task bar from the bottom of the screen to the side...)

ultrastigi

Reaction score
To remove apps from your home screen just press them and hold your finger and it will let you drag it. When you do that drag it to the bottom of the screen there is a trash can.

As for removing apps if you downloaded them from the market you can go to the market and uninstall them. If they are preinstalled then it more complicated....

tapping and talking on the go.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As for the buttons on the home screen moving to the side, just reboot the phone and you should be cherry. To remove an app from the home screen just long press the icon until it vibrates and a trash can will appear at the bottom of the screen. Drag the icon to the trash.

tappin and a talkin

Beka27

Reaction score
I have been playing with my new Droid X and already have screwed up.

How do you remove apps from the Home screen? I have not mastered the scrolling feature when all the apps show up and have mistakenly added some to the home screen.

Is there some way to set the timing of whatever moves them to the home screen? (Sort of like adjusting the double click speed in windoes, maybe...)

Can I remove apps I will never use?

Also my home button moved to the side of my home screen from where it was on the bottom and i can't figure out how I moved it there or how to move it back (Just like accidentally moving the task bar from the bottom of the screen to the side...)

To remove an app from the home screen, just long press it and drag to the bottom. This will pop up with a trash can and then let go.

In the app drawer you want to very lightly scroll, because if you are passing too hard it will confuse this with you wanting to set a shortcut. The screen on the x is very responsive, so you just barely have to touch.

Only way you can remove apps is if you root. This is a very serious thing and not for "newbs". Definitely read up on the topic before you try it. You can hide apps using home launcher app "launcher pro".

(from Beka's DX)