Unbricking droid 2, error 1337 510b please help!!!

antimatter

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i am new to this forum and am super greatfull for anyhelp i can recieve.

My droid 2( a955) was bricked when i was trying to install lyberty and then apex, the first didnt work and later apex didnt work.

after that it would not boot normally and was stuck in my clockwors recovery menue.( i rooted with doroot)

i accidently wipped cache particion and delvic cache, and then made a nadroid back up of that state( i know, im an idiot :( i was panacking)

now i am trying to unbrick with RSD lite 4.9 and sbf file 2.3.20 but everytime it starts and then 5 min later it stops at sending RAM download for bootloader and on my droid says critical error 1337 510b

please help!!! do i have the wrong rsd lite? do i need to patch a file somewear? do i have the wrong sbf? im stuck and am afraid it :(

by the way it does go itno clockwork recovery if i hold the x button and power. Im sorrry if this has been posted already, i found one similar but didnt adress this at all , thankyou

OP
A

antimatter

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i am new to this forum and am super greatfull for anyhelp i can recieve.

My droid 2( a955) was bricked when i was trying to install lyberty and then apex, the first didnt work and later apex didnt work.

after that it would not boot normally and was stuck in my clockwors recovery menue.( i rooted with doroot)

i accidently wipped cache particion and delvic cache, and then made a nadroid back up of that state( i know, im an idiot :( i was panacking)

now i am trying to unbrick with RSD lite 4.9 and sbf file 2.3.20 but everytime it starts and then 5 min later it stops at sending RAM download for bootloader and on my droid says critical error 1337 510b

please help!!! do i have the wrong rsd lite? do i need to patch a file somewear? do i have the wrong sbf? im stuck and am afraid it :(

by the way it does go itno clockwork recovery if i hold the x button and power. Im sorrry if this has been posted already, i found one similar but didnt adress this at all , thankyou

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I had a similar problem many months back. It turned out that I had a corrupt download of the RAR file. I deleted the original and re downloaded it and it worked fine.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would tend to agree here with Chrstdvd. You can follow the links in my sig to find a good version for you to SBF with.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Definitely good advice. Redownload rsd lite 4.9, the latest drivers and full sbf file. It should totally work. Good luck!

Sent from my Liberated DROID2. Support team Liberty!

OP
A

antimatter

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice i am currently downloading the sbf files for that link

what is the difrence between odexed deodex or should i just get the full sbf? i think ill try all of em

although i dont know what the latest drivers are

I had moto helper 2.0.40_driver_4.9.0

again thankyou for ur time i hope it works :)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the advice i am currently downloading the sbf files for that link

what is the difrence between odexed deodex or should i just get the full sbf? i think ill try all of em

although i dont know what the latest drivers are

I had moto helper 2.0.40_driver_4.9.0

again thankyou for ur time i hope it works :)

You want the full sbf and those drivers are the ones I used although there may be later ones now. Try it. My phone shows up as s flash and connected so don't worry if your exact phone model doesn't pop up
Oh yeah and the only thing I know about odexed and deodexed is that you need deodexed to flash themes. You want the full one though

OP
A

antimatter

Reaction score
i downloaded the drivers and the full a955 sbf again and i get the same error, and the rsd lite says faile to tload ram to bootloder.

I just downloaded instaling SPrecovery_ES81.sbf so i can isntall saphire from the sd. (following that viedeo tutorial)

It actually went through and changed my recovery menue from clockwork to sp recovery.

but when i continue with instruction and install from sd it says file_getprpp: failed to sat "/system/build.prop" no such file or directory (status 7) instalation aborted

could it be that the ram loader cant get through cuz my kernel is messed up somehow?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You said you can get into clockwork recovery? I think you mean stock recovery cause you were talking about holding x. I'm not sure what the issue is. Are you on a older computer? I know when I did it on my old laptop it failed but when I did it on my friends newer pc, it worked. What are you using? Windows xp? 7? I don't think it's a kernel issue, but I'm not entirely sure.

OP
A

antimatter

Reaction score
You said you can get into clockwork recovery? I think you mean stock recovery cause you were talking about holding x. I'm not sure what the issue is. Are you on a older computer? I know when I did it on my old laptop it failed but when I did it on my friends newer pc, it worked. What are you using? Windows xp? 7? I don't think it's a kernel issue, but I'm not entirely sure.

i said clockwork recovery because that what i had installed before it got bricked, so i guess clockwork recovery would be my stock recovery, but since i try doing the sbf flash with sprecovery (to then install saphire from the sd)file an hour ago my clockwork recovery changed for sp recovery mode, which i acces it like the stock, prssing the x

well i have an old computer vaio vgc-rb30 but i have windows 7 installed

I keep gett error 1337 510b and gets stuck loading ram dowwnloader for bootloded with the all sbf files i have found 2.3.2 and droid2_x6_2.2.20_shadow

and the only one that will go through and actually alter anything is the SPrecovery_ES81.sbf patched by sirphychose to install saphire from the sd but i get error status 7 when doing that.

i will try to do it on my freinds computer though, thanks a lot for the suggestion B)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have an old viao too and it didn't work on that for some reason. Try it on another pc. Windows 7 can offer some additional problems so it's better to use xp even better than that is linux. Well not better, just maybe easier. Use a newer pc with xp and go into Bootloader before you do (power on while holding up key on keyboard). It will say something like bootloader 2.7 ok to program USB.... on the phone. From there plug it in, open rsd lite and your phone should show up in the top row. Then click the box with the (...) symbol and locate the extracted sbf file click OK and then start and it should work for you. I would worry about just the sbf and not any patch or anything like that. Let's get it back working, fresh on stock rom

freezyfreaky

Reaction score
Is that error message real or Motorola has a sense of humor?

In leetspeak, 1337 510b = leet slob

LOL

OP
A

antimatter

Reaction score
Yeah I have an old viao too and it didn't work on that for some reason. Try it on another pc. Windows 7 can offer some additional problems so it's better to use xp even better than that is linux. Well not better, just maybe easier. Use a newer pc with xp and go into Bootloader before you do (power on while holding up key on keyboard). It will say something like bootloader 2.7 ok to program USB.... on the phone. From there plug it in, open rsd lite and your phone should show up in the top row. Then click the box with the (...) symbol and locate the extracted sbf file click OK and then start and it should work for you. I would worry about just the sbf and not any patch or anything like that. Let's get it back working, fresh on stock rom

for sure man, im goin to try it later on tonight at a freinds house, thanx.

hopefully the process works there :)

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
i said clockwork recovery because that what i had installed before it got bricked, so i guess clockwork recovery would be my stock recovery,

No because of the locked bootloader on the D2 we cant fully install a custom recovery. If you are accessing recovery by doing the holding X method, you will always get the stock recovery which has a blue theme to it. Clockwork Recovery will say Clockwork Recovery at the top of the recovery screen and has sort of a green theme to it. The only method to access the clockwork recovery that I know of is via the Droid 2 Bootstrap.