Unbricking droid 2, error 1337 510b please help!!!

OP
A

antimatter

Reaction score
Yeah I have an old viao too and it didn't work on that for some reason. Try it on another pc. Windows 7 can offer some additional problems so it's better to use xp even better than that is linux. Well not better, just maybe easier. Use a newer pc with xp and go into Bootloader before you do (power on while holding up key on keyboard). It will say something like bootloader 2.7 ok to program USB.... on the phone. From there plug it in, open rsd lite and your phone should show up in the top row. Then click the box with the (...) symbol and locate the extracted sbf file click OK and then start and it should work for you. I would worry about just the sbf and not any patch or anything like that. Let's get it back working, fresh on stock rom

Sent from my Liberated DROID2. Support team Liberty!

i tryed to do it on an xp computer and it didnt work either.

now i think its just might be the phone that is messed up. If theres anything that u might have heard anthing else im willing to try, although im starting to loose hope :(

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK so you tried it on another pc. Did the phone at least show up in rsd? What did it say? Did you try dl the sbf again? You have the latest drivers? And rsd lite 4.9? Do you still have my number? Can you call me? I'm not sure what else I can do. If you went into stock recovery and wiped data, have the right sbf, drivers and rsd and tried it on a different computer, i honestly don't know what else to do

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

OP
A

antimatter

Reaction score
OK so you tried it on another pc. Did the phone at least show up in rsd? What did it say? Did you try dl the sbf again? You have the latest drivers? And rsd lite 4.9? Do you still have my number? Can you call me? I'm not sure what else I can do. If you went into stock recovery and wiped data, have the right sbf, drivers and rsd and tried it on a different computer, i honestly don't know what else to do

yeah i did do all those steps, although im not sure what u mean if i have ur number, i dont think i ever got it. yeah i think im just gona sell it on craigslist as a bricked phone. sucks cuz this phone was such an exelent peice of hardware

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought I sent you a pm with my number but that could have been another thread. My bad. If you have really done all those things then i truly don't know what else to tell you. It has to work though! It doesn't seem like you did anything that can't be remedied. I would keep trying. Its very rare when a phone is actually bricked (not that it doesn't happen)

OP
A

antimatter

Reaction score
I thought I sent you a pm with my number but that could have been another thread. My bad. If you have really done all those things then i truly don't know what else to tell you. It has to work though! It doesn't seem like you did anything that can't be remedied. I would keep trying. Its very rare when a phone is actually bricked (not that it doesn't happen)

is there anyway to use p2ktools?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't say I've heard of that. I'm still learning myself. Sorry. I basically have told you all I can when it comes to sbf.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I have to ask just to make sure, but by chance are you flashing the SBF in Recovery(X+POWER)? If so thats the problem. You need to be in the bootloader for RSD to work. Use UP+POWER rather then X+POWER.

Aslo if you can boot in to recovery, you could try wiping data and then see if it will boot.

jocko1

Reaction score
When I tried to flash the sbf on my phone, It wouldn't even start! The second I clicked start it immediately failed! I am on Vista, unfortunately. I am losing hope and I only got this two months ago. I flashed Liberty, already on Liberty, and then seemed like I flashed a faulty theme. Baghhhhh! Somebody help me I have been out of a phone for three days now!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I tried to flash the sbf on my phone, It wouldn't even start! The second I clicked start it immediately failed! I am on Vista, unfortunately. I am losing hope and I only got this two months ago. I flashed Liberty, already on Liberty, and then seemed like I flashed a faulty theme. Baghhhhh! Somebody help me I have been out of a phone for three days now!

You posted this in another thread right? I know it's frustrating. Your on win 7 which can be a pain for sbf. Are you running as administrator on rsd lite?

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Jaco keep it in one place please. As for Win7, never posed a single problem with SBFing for me and I have done it probably 30 times or so.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope, just the crappy ol' Vista.

Yeah but are you running as administrator on rsd (win 7)? I believe you right click on the rsd icon and select run as administrator. Just trying to figure out why this isn't working

OP
A

antimatter

Reaction score
i am the biggest idiot.

strange though because i swear when i opened the back to my phone it said A955 but now that i look everywear the phone i had is not the droid 2 but the DROID 1!!!:icon_eek:....... :icon_evil:

so unless there are a955's that have the same gold directional pad i was rsding the wrong sbf this whole freaking time awsome:icon_ banana:

i said had because i sold it as a broken phone to fix :(

thanx a lot for all the help though :)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol no worries. Very very bad idea though to flash the wrong sbf file that isn't compatible with your phone. It could truly brick it!

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz