Unbrick Your Verizon Device With Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
update-08.jpg

There are various ways to unbrick various devices. Samsung has Odin, HTC has RUU, LG has the LG Mobile Support Tool, and Motorola has RSDLite, but did you know that Verizon has a Utility to unbrick all the devices? This is something that I was unaware of until today. I am not sure how I have missed this over the years but Verizon offers the "Software Upgrade Assistant". This tool is actually meant to help you upgrade your device when an upgrade is released for your phone. It can also be used to flash the stock image to your device recovering it from a softbrick.

All you have to do is download and install the driver for your particular device. Then you will need to grab the correct version of the Software Upgrade Assistant tool. Inside the Upgrade Assistant you will find a "Repair Assistant". Pressing start will begin the download of the stock file. This can be installed on the Mac or Windows. Head to the link below

Guide
Software Upgrade Assistant

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
update-08.jpg

There are various ways to unbrick various devices. Samsung has Odin, HTC has RUU, LG has the LG Mobile Support Tool, and Motorola has RSDLite, but did you know that Verizon has a Utility to unbrick all the devices? This is something that I was unaware of until today. I am not sure how I have missed this over the years but Verizon offers the "Software Upgrade Assistant". This tool is actually meant to help you upgrade your device when an upgrade is released for your phone. It can also be used to flash the stock image to your device recovering it from a softbrick.

All you have to do is download and install the driver for your particular device. Then you will need to grab the correct version of the Software Upgrade Assistant tool. Inside the Upgrade Assistant you will find a "Repair Assistant". Pressing start will begin the download of the stock file. This can be installed on the Mac or Windows. Head to the link below

Guide
Software Upgrade Assistant
interesting that they offer this service and yet.... we aren't "allowed" to root our devices.

thanks for the info, I knew about the upgrade assistant had no idea about the repair assistant portion

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Well that makes things easy.. Doesn't it!!!

BTW, I didn't know about the LG Tool...

m00m00w4t3r

Reaction score
Oh nice! my bionic is bricked. ill try using this

Thanks

::EDIT:: the host link doesnt seem to be working...brings me to a blank page

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Oh nice! my bionic is bricked. ill try using this

Thanks

::EDIT:: the host link doesnt seem to be working...brings me to a blank page
Doesn't seem to be an assistant software version for the Bionic http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/droid-bionic/#Operating System & Software. For the listing of all models if its available, its under the how to's in the Operating System and Software (for the LG G3 for example Software Update Software Upgrade Assistant LG Verizon Wireless)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
As nice as this is to know, I'm glad that they finally stopped setting up phones to do an auto-run and try to install the upgrade assistant and other crap on my computer when I plug them in.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Oh wow so it basically works like flashing a stock file with ODIN only simpler? Pretty neat, I'll try this next time I have an issue with my phone (which.. yknow will hopefully be never.. fingers crossed lol).

Tonik

Reaction score
It will also install ota updates that are failing normally....not always but most of the time.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used this awhile ago on another phone. I had soft bricked it and got it restored to whatever ROM I was running, but I wanted it totally stock, including the flag in Recovery that would show it as "unrooted"...

The VZW tool, which pops up to install whenever you plug your phone in to your PC, saw the phone, saw that it "didn't have the latest version installed" and asked me if I wanted to upgrade it.

It restored the stock ROM on there, stock bootloader, reset it to new in the box condition with like 3 mouse closks.

zahid haleem

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung galaxy s4 mini
Twitter
zahid haleem
This software is not downloading please any one upload this software on gmail, and send it to me on Zahid haleem lodhi..plzzzzzzzzzz

RyanPm40

Reaction score
This software is not downloading please any one upload this software on gmail, and send it to me on Zahid haleem lodhi..plzzzzzzzzzz
It should prompt an install automatically when you plug your phone into your PC. Note that this is Windows-only, to my knowledge anyways. So sick of not having these tools in OS X.