Unbelievable Battery Life With 3.1.1

The Sloan Ranger

Reaction score
I am experiencing incredible battery life with 3.1.1 - I've gone over the 40 hour mark (original, stock battery) and I'm still at 60%.

Granted, this hasn't been the most active two days on my OG Droid, but I have made calls and texts, recieved and checked emails, listened to music and browsed the internet a little bit. I would say my usage was light to moderate.

I'm running the stock kernal: 800-250, on demand, no profiles. No theme installed. Messaging and home are not locked into memory. Recently applied Pete Alfonso's recommended AutoKiller Memory Optimizer settings at the following levels: 6, 10, 20, 24, 28, 28.

A big thanks to the Black Droid and the rest of the Ultimate Droid team.

Last edited:

Axium

Reaction score
id never be able to go that long without charging.. lol. i eat 60% for breakfast :) but that seems very decent

Pitchfork

Reaction score
I have definitely seen a whole lot better battery life with 3.1.1. I am at 70% after 10 hours and my checks two email accounts every 15 mins. I also run a few widgets like weatherbug, weather.com, Profile Settings. With older versions of UD like 3.0 I was getting really bad battery life I would be at 30% after 8 hours. UD rocks!

djam2410

Reaction score
i dont think i could get that much battery out of my phone...i use twitter alot on my phone and that is a killer;

do you think its safe to upgrade to 3.1.1 now? im still on 2.5

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Lucky!

I turned my droid off at 80% last night. Turned it on this morning only to have 20%.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
OP looks believable to me. It looks like you didn't use your phone very much at all.
62f96991-37ff-beef.jpg
62f96991-380f-08ca.jpg

b-jammin21

Reaction score
i dont think i could get that much battery out of my phone...i use twitter alot on my phone and that is a killer;

Uhh....duh! Lol. I'd say its been safe for quite some time now. I was a HUGE fan of 2.5 myself, too, but now that I'm not 3.1.1 with this kind of battery life and performance, 2.5 is a thing of the past...

You might as well give it a try anyways...

Play a jam!

b-jammin21

Reaction score
OP looks believable to me. It looks like you didn't use your phone very much at all.
62f96991-37ff-beef.jpg
62f96991-380f-08ca.jpg

Mine looks more like yours, poontab. I use my phone a HECK of a lot, but I'm still getting great battery life, considering.

Play a jam!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
62f96991-37ff-beef.jpg
62f96991-380f-08ca.jpg

Mine looks more like yours, poontab. I use my phone a HECK of a lot, but I'm still getting great battery life, considering.

Play a jam!

Are you still using the LV kernel from Raid?

b-jammin21

Reaction score
62f96991-37ff-beef.jpg
62f96991-380f-08ca.jpg

Play a jam!

Are you still using the LV kernel from Raid?

No, I know that my sig probably still says that, but there's no way to change it on the DF app, and I rarely sign onto DF on the computer. Thanks for letting me know tho, I'll update that.

Anyways, to answer your question, I am back to using the stock kernel. I tried chevy lv, raidzero lv, and lfy, but the stock kernel gives me the best battery life and the least overheating (actually, no heat issues with stock kernel). Stock kernel has been best for me.

Play a jam!

kr0n

Reaction score
I have an OG droid as well. Running 3.1.1..Thanks for the tip!

djam2410

Reaction score

Uhh....duh! Lol. I'd say its been safe for quite some time now. I was a HUGE fan of 2.5 myself, too, but now that I'm not 3.1.1 with this kind of battery life and performance, 2.5 is a thing of the past...

Play a jam!

i actually upgraded to 3.0.1 and there were too many bugs and FCs for me so i downgraded back, plus the theme from 2.5 isnt out yet? and i dont want to leave until i get that theme;

and i saw how gps wasnt working for some people and also people werent getting their texts, and i text people ALL DAY so im waiting for all the bugs to get worked out first

b-jammin21

Reaction score

Play a jam!

i actually upgraded to 3.0.1 and there were too many bugs and FCs for me so i downgraded back, plus the theme from 2.5 isnt out yet? and i dont want to leave until i get that theme;

and i saw how gps wasnt working for some people and also people werent getting their texts, and i text people ALL DAY so im waiting for all the bugs to get worked out first

Understandable. 3.0.1 had a few bugs for me as well. However, I can say that I don't have one single bug on 3.1.1. GPS, texts, and everything else works fine for me.

As for your theme, I have been disappointed with the lack of 3.1.1 themes as well. 2.5 had SO many themes it was AWESOME. For 3.1.1, it seems that B-Boy is the only themer taking to the ROM version (and he has done it very quickly and efficiently). Now don't get me wrong, B-Boy makes great themes, I just wish I could see more participation from others as there was in 2.5. Maybe it's because it's difficult to port themes over for Gingerbread...? If that's the case, hats off to B-Boy for making all of his themes readily available shortly after the release of 3.1.1.

I would say for you to at least give it a try. Make a backup of 2.5 so you can go back to it. Then, you've got nothing to lose. Who knows, you might be one of the lucky ones like me without any bugs, and will love the performance and battery life. It's amazing!

Play a jam!

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Yeah I have theme chooser, but haven't delved into it much. Doesn't it only offer Nexus Red atm? And doesn't it only give color variations? If you know something more, please help! Lol.

Play a jam!